Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What Day Would you Take?
1  2  Next

What day would you take off?
Tuesday  
 10%  [ 10 ]
Wednesday  
 65%  [ 60 ]
Other  
 23%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 91

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 10:34 am
If you do (or would) work full time, and you were able to request 1 day off a week (same day every week) - which day would you choose?
Tuesday or Wednesday or another day and why?

(Asking because I am in this situation and I can't decide which would be a better day - Tuesday because Mondays are so hard so at least I get a break or Wednesday because its hump day and bang in the middle).

bigsis144

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 10:36 am
I think I'd want Thursday.

But between Tuesday/Wednesday, I'd pick Wednesday. It's the middle of the week so (ideally!) I'd be able to catch up on backlog from the beginning of the week and hopefully jumpstart the end of the week prep.

Last edited by bigsis144 on Mon, Nov 23 2015, 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

boysrus

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 10:38 am
definitely Thursday! I have a friend who takes off Thursdays, she says it is such a bracha, she can cook ahead for shabbos and now her fridays are way less chaotic. And she still has time to schedule appointments for her thursdays, if possible first thing in the morning so that she stil has time left in the day to shop and cook. I wouldLOVE to take off thursdays!

chocolatecake

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 10:47 am
for sure Wednesday. If you take off Tuesday there are still three days left when you get back. If you take off Wednesday when you get back the week is almost over. If I had any day to choose I would pick Thursday.

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 10:58 am
for most of my childhood, my mother was always home fridays, and that was super awesome, bc she would have the morning to cook shabbos fresh [though yea I remember we'd put the soup or choulent together thurs night, but it would be put on the fire friday morning] and I'd come home to the house smelling like shabbos, and all afternoon [when she wasn't on the phone with work, and even when she was*] she would be there to help us get ready for shabbos, I always loved when she would cut my toenails or brush out my hair, and it was always a wonderful time, coming home to that...

and then also on days off, we'd be able to help, I remember once sitting on the counter helping measuring out something, it was a special bonding thing.

[*my mom's job is really a 24/7 type of thing, she always has her phone even on shabbat, so we kids kinda always said, just bc she's home friday doesn't mean she doesn't work, however, even though, she was working mostly on phone, I still treasure the fact that she was home

love you ima Heart

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 11:00 am
I used to take off on Thursdays at my other job...I liked that...did everything for Shabbos then...but with a choice of Tuesday or Wednesday...I'd go with Wednesday...it breaks up the week and before you know it the weekend is here again!

cm

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 11:29 am
Depends on the rhythm of your workplace, when meetings usually occur, when you feel most productive, etc.

Also depends on your out-of-work responsibilities, including car pools, extracurricular activities, availability of child care, and so on.

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 11:34 am
Friday without question

That is the worst day to find daycare and in the winter Shabbos is never a problem

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 11:56 am
Its so funny everyone votes Thursday - for me that is like not a day "off" because I would spend the whole day getting ready for shabbos. Plus if I choose to shop on Thursday, everything is busy, traffic, hectic. etc.
I also do freezer - everything - so Shabbos preps are not top of the list.
I think that is why I am trying to choose Tue/Wed. Smile

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 11:59 am
causemommysaid wrote:
Friday without question

That is the worst day to find daycare and in the winter Shabbos is never a problem

Friday is not a day off - I work 3 hours anyway no point for me. I need/want a full day.

cm wrote:
Depends on the rhythm of your workplace, when meetings usually occur, when you feel most productive, etc.

Also depends on your out-of-work responsibilities, including car pools, extracurricular activities, availability of child care, and so on.

I am more headed to Tuesday because Monday is such a hard day but then again so is Tuesday so maybe Wednesday. Complicated Confused Confused

fiji

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 12:00 pm
Wednesday. This way u only have to work two days then when u go back on thurs, week is almost done!

sitting

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 12:39 pm
def wed

Raisin

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 12:48 pm
definitely wednesday.

yidisheh mama

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 3:50 pm
friday. thats my day off, and I like it like that

Fave

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 4:20 pm
I wish I would have that choice, but I would definitely do Wednesdays. You right thF Thursday would not be a day off as it would be used for Shabbos prep (although I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving).

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 4:25 pm
Wednesday!
Middle of the week break.
Able to go shopping if necessary and just enjoy the day off.
Able to start cooking the large dishes for shabbos.

Sake

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 4:44 pm
I have pretty responsible position so I'd pick Tuesday. Work enough Monday to ensure the place won't collaps without you and be back Wednesday to ensure nobody noticed you missing lol

momofmy3

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 5:59 pm
I had that choice and took Thursday's. It's great because if you don't have errands or appointments you can always make Shabbos but you don't have to spend it that way (when you worked you figured out a way to make Shabbos at a different time) between Tuesday and Wednesday, definitely wednesday!! Tuesday the week just started, by Wednesday youll be tired out already

Aetrsnrady

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 7:57 pm
I chose Thursday and love it, but if the choice is Tues or Wed, I'd definitely choose Wednesday. Like others said, it gets you over the middle of the week- also I find many things I start at work on Monday, need to spill into Tuesday.

lucky14

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 8:01 pm
I used to take Tuesdays off (now I don't have an option to take a day off). I like Tuesdays because I hate working and going back on Monday was always "hard" for me, but knowing I'd have the next day off made it a little easier.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics