Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
How to respond to this guy

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 4:35 pm
My daughter is chatting to this guy on her phone. Sending messages I mean. She is dating so it's not meaningless messaging, though they haven't met yet. He sent her a message saying could she send him another picture of her since the one on her profile is a bit unclear. She says she doesn't feel comfortable sending him a picture of her on her phone and feels weird about it. So she's not sure how to respond?

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 4:40 pm
why not just have her upload a better resolution pic as her profile pic?

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 4:46 pm
Much better.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 4:55 pm
She said that and he replied she should just send it over the phone

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 4:56 pm
She says she doesn't feel comfortable sending her picture in this way though she doesn't know what to say to him as he clearly thinks it's fine

harriet

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 5:05 pm
Argh, something is off and it's not her.

Have her keep saying "I'm sorry, I'm not comfortable doing that. Looking forward to meeting you in real life.". She doesn't have to give any more explanation and if she says she's not comfortable he should back off!

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 5:17 pm
harriet wrote:
Argh, something is off and it's not her.

Have her keep saying "I'm sorry, I'm not comfortable doing that. Looking forward to meeting you in real life.". She doesn't have to give any more explanation and if she says she's not comfortable he should back off!

This. And if he keeps insisting, that's a clear sign the guy's not for her. Good to know at the outset that he doesn't respect her wishes.

HelloG

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 5:27 pm
He can just as much save a copy of her profile. I don't get the difference. Either way ur doing what he asked u to

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 5:50 pm
amother wrote:
She said that and he replied she should just send it over the phone

Until this part I wasn't sure what the big deal was but persisting when she said no is weird. I don't get what her objection was though. He can just as easily download to his phone. What does she think she is gaining by not texting it herself?

justcallmeima

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 8:34 pm
She. Doesn't. Feel. Comfortable. There is absolutely nothing else to understand.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 10:08 pm
justcallmeima wrote:
She. Doesn't. Feel. Comfortable. There is absolutely nothing else to understand.

I totally agree with this.
However after saying she didn't feel comfortable he responded respectfully and she said he was embarrassed, so I don't think that he meant any harm, maybe just immaturity.
Thanks for your replies!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette