Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Obtaining an apostille

emunahmother

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 6:55 am
Has anyone done this recently? I need an apostille for our marriage license. Do we have to go down to an office, through the mail, online?

Also how long does the process take?

TIA

fluffernutter

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 7:13 am
I did it in MD - I had to go down to the office and then they gave me the apostille. I think I paid 10 or 15 dollars. It took maybe 10 minutes. It was insanely simple - it just took 1.5 hours to get to the office each direction.

pickle321

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 8:19 am
emunahmother wrote:
Has anyone done this recently? I need an apostille for our marriage license. Do we have to go down to an office, through the mail, online?

Also how long does the process take?

TIA

It's a pain in the neck. I did it about a year and a half ago. First I tried doing I through the mail and they sent it back saying it couldn't be processed. I don't remember why. Maybe we had to have it stamped by the county clerk. After that we did it in person had to go to the county clerks office and get it stamped or something then had to drive into Manhattan because the only two places in the whole state are in Manhattan or Albany. Ofcourse there's no where to park so I had to go in while my husband circled around for an hour. Then when I get there it says you can only pay with check or money order. Well I didn't have either on me. So. I go to the Duane reade across the street to try to get a money order but turns out you can only use cash and maybe a debit card for that. Which I didn't have either. Then I realized I had the money order that had been mailed back to me with the original application. I made it just in time before they closed.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 9:02 am
We did it twice and it was really simple, but expensive. We paid someone to do it for us. It was totally worth it. This is in NY.

pickle321

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 10:55 am
yo'ma wrote:
We did it twice and it was really simple, but expensive. We paid someone to do it for us. It was totally worth it. This is in NY.

Smart. Wish I knew we could do that.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 2:34 pm
pickle321 wrote:
Smart. Wish I knew we could do that.

If you ever need to do it again, pm and I'll give you his name and number. He picked it up and dropped it off. Once in Manhattan and once in Brooklyn.

shanie5

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 5:47 am
I did it through the mail. First I had the paperwork notarized. Then sent it to the state office with a check (and return envelope I think).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries