Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Gift Idea for Male in Mid 40s...?

ahuva06

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 11:16 am
Anybody have any ideas for a gift? The person is willing to spend a lot of money...

PAMOM

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 11:26 am
We'd need more info about the person.

chulentalakiddush

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 1:36 pm
a hot tub. that's what my husband wants

ahuva06

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 4:45 pm
He is not the kind of person who will spend tons of money on himself but he does enjoy nice things. Ex. Expensive wines, nicer clothes, interesting gadgets...
A hot tub is interesting but I don't think it's so practical in this case...
Any other ideas?

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 6:05 pm
Cannot compute; insufficient data.

What price range are we considering? (" A lot of money" doesn't say much. A lot of money for a kollel wife is pocket change for a diamond dealer.) Where does the recipient live? What is his occupation? Is he married? Children? Own or rent(his home, not children)? Hashkafic affiliation? Hobbies? Interests? Does he happen to be your dh?

The classic gift for a man in his mid-40s is a fire-engine-red convertible automobile...Honda or Maserati depends on your budget. It's a midlife-crisis thing.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 6:09 pm
A pony.

ahuva06

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 3:29 am
zaq wrote:
Cannot compute; insufficient data.

What price range are we considering? (" A lot of money" doesn't say much. A lot of money for a kollel wife is pocket change for a diamond dealer.) Where does the recipient live? What is his occupation? Is he married? Children? Own or rent(his home, not children)? Hashkafic affiliation? Hobbies? Interests? Does he happen to be your dh?

The classic gift for a man in his mid-40s is a fire-engine-red convertible automobile...Honda or Maserati depends on your budget. It's a midlife-crisis thing.

Nope not my dh!
A lot of money on a well-off businessman's budget. He lives in NY. Married with a bunch of kids. Owns his home. He is more to the yeshivish-ish side. Don't want to say his exact job because I am a little paranoid about someone knowing who I am asking for but he has a lot to do with the community and outreach. He isn't really into any specific hobbies - he works basically 24/7... but like I said, he does enjoy "nice things"
Was that any help...?

shoshana2

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 8:49 am
Expensive cuff links. Hammock, fancy coffee machine, great headphones, anything sheepskin, monogram Egyptian cotton shirts from Brooks Brothers, Tumi or Hartman luggage.

zaq

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 12:42 pm
If he's not a member of your immediate family, do NOT buy him anything personal like shirts or other clothing. If he's your dad or bro, that's fine.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 12:50 pm
Check out catalogs like Hamburger Schlepper Hammacher Schlemmer, which are chock full of pricey chozzeray for well-to-do men who like "nicer" things, or less costly but still overpriced and equally useless chochkies for less well-to-do men who just want to look like they have more money than sense.

May I suggest a nose-and-ear hair trimmer. By the time a man is 45, he owes it to his wife, if not himself, to have one. At HS or Tiffany's you can probably get it in sterling if not 14K gold.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics