Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
What can I do with chanuka balloons?

tweety1

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 3:31 pm
Found it in a store. Thought they were adorable. Bought them. Now I need ideas what to do with them with kids. Ages 2-10. Boys and girls.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 4:32 pm
I googled it and came up with ballons that say happy chanuka on it. What do they look like?

cm

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 5:12 pm
Kids are pretty good at figuring out what to do with balloons on their own, IME. Are we talking about regular latex party balloons? Here are some ideas:

Rub them against clothing to make static, and stick them on the wall, or each other, or make their hair stand on end.

Play catch.

Younger kids like to "squish" partially blown up (and knotted) balloons.

Fill with water and roll them around, if you can trust the kids not to smash them. No one wants a water balloon fight indoors! Balloons filled with sand are also fun to squeeze.

Blow up, tie closed, and apply two layers of scotch tape. Poke the tape with a pin and enjoy the "air conditioner" as well as the novelty of a non-popping balloon.

If you know how and have the right shapes, make balloon animals.

Decorate with markers.

Blow up, let go without knotting. Wheeeee!

You can get a small helium tank at party goods stores or places like Target. It is more time-consuming than one might expect, so allow extra time. After the tank is empty, poke a hole in the bottom and recycle with your metals.

Keep an eye on the younger ones; balloons are a choking hazard.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics