Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Refusing a delivery from Amazon
1  2  Next

kiwi strawberry

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 6:51 pm
Can I refuse a delivery from Amazon if I don't want it for whatever reason? How does that work?

The Happy Wife

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 6:58 pm
If it's something you ordered, you can either cancel your order or there are instructions for how to return it if it's too late to cancel.

smile22

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 8:20 pm
When they come to the door to deliver it, just tell them u refuse it and they will take it back.

kiwi strawberry

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 10:22 pm
It is too late to cancel the order because it's already being shipped. I know I can return it the regular way but I was wondering if I can refuse to accept the delivery altogether because then that will save me the hassle of bringing it somewhere to return, and I think it's heavy. Was just wondering if I can do that. Thanks, smile. Now I hope I'm home when it comes Smile

cnc

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 10:42 pm
kiwi strawberry wrote:
It is too late to cancel the order because it's already being shipped. I know I can return it the regular way but I was wondering if I can refuse to accept the delivery altogether because then that will save me the hassle of bringing it somewhere to return, and I think it's heavy. Was just wondering if I can do that. Thanks, smile. Now I hope I'm home when it comes Smile

You can call the shipping service and they'll send it back to the sender.

I've called Fedex to refuse a carriage so I don't need to go through the hassle of sending it back.

kiwi strawberry

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 11:04 pm
Oh. It's USPS. I'll try that. Thanks!

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 11:07 pm
It's not very nice to do it that way even if it is legal.

If you ordered and didn't cancel, it's not fair to them to not pay for shipping and whatever cancellation cost they have.
As far as know , if you don't accept the delivery, those charges are on the sender.

IMHopinion

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 11:11 pm
cnc wrote:
You can call the shipping service and they'll send it back to the sender.

I've called Fedex to refuse a carriage so I don't need to go through the hassle of sending it back.

I can't believe people actually do this.

kiwi strawberry

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 11:15 pm
I just tried them but they're closed tonight and tomorrow, Sunday (the package is supposed to arrive by tomorrow night) and they didn't have the option for that in their automated system. I looked on their website and they have a 'package intercept' option where you can intercept it and have it go to a different address or back to the sender, but you need to have an account linked to a credit card with them. Has anyone ever done that? And also would they follow up with intercepted packages on Sundays if they are officially closed on Sundays (but the item is supposed to be delivered on Sunday)?

mille

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 11:15 pm
notshanarishona wrote:

If you ordered and didn't cancel, it's not fair to them to not pay for shipping and whatever cancellation cost they have.
As far as know , if you don't accept the delivery, those charges are on the sender.

They will probably charge you return shipping in the form of not giving you a full refund if you refuse a shipment.

kiwi strawberry

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 11:23 pm
notshanarishona wrote:

That was part of my question, actually. I meant not only is it technically feasible, but is there an OFFICIAL option for this. If this was an official option then I don't think it would be considered not nice when someone chooses this option. If this is not an official option, but can technically work, then I agree it's a little not nice if nothing else just to the delivery person who will have to schlep the heavy box right back to his truck..

cnc

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 11:24 pm
IMHopinion wrote:

Why not?

I ordered a travel stroller for an upcoming trip from Babies R Us. It didn't show up by the promised date and then I received an email that it is on back order and will ship as soon as it is in stock. I called them to cancel and they told me that their system doesn't allow them to do that, so I should just send it back when I get it.
3 MONTHS LATER ( I totally forgot about the carriage at that point), I received an email that my carriage is preparing to ship. I called them again and asked them if they can please try cancelling it again as it's a massive pain for me to shlep a carriage to a Fedex location to return.
They apologized again as it was their fault for showing an out of stock item as in stock with a guaranteed delivery date of a couple of days later.
They said they cannot cancel the order but I should call Fedex and give them the tracking number and refuse the delivery over the phone before it gets to me. (Just in case it gets to me when I'm not home and it is left by the door...)

kiwi strawberry

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 11:25 pm
mille wrote:
They will probably charge you return shipping in the form of not giving you a full refund if you refuse a shipment.

The item has free returns. I'm actually not trying to save money but rather just the hassle of going to the post office or a drop off location to return a heavy item.

cnc

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 11:26 pm
Why would canceling the item be any different than sending it back with a free return shipping option?
You're just saving the delivery man a hassle.

kiwi strawberry

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 11:32 pm
cnc wrote:
Why would canceling the item be any different than sending it back with a free return shipping option?
You're just saving the delivery man a hassle.

The only way that it's different is that if I cancel it before it even gets here then it saves ME the hassle of returning it-bringing it to a place and all that. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question? Smile

cnc

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 11:34 pm
kiwi strawberry wrote:
The only way that it's different is that if I cancel it before it even gets here then it saves ME the hassle of returning it-bringing it to a place and all that. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question? Smile

I'm asking the posters that are saying it's not moral ....

MiracleMama

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 11:36 pm
Unless it requires signature, how do you actually refuse something? I mean, UPS, FedEx and USPS 99% of the time just leave boxes at the door. There is no accepting or refusing.

kiwi strawberry

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 11:37 pm
cnc wrote:
I'm asking the posters that are saying it's not moral ....

Oh. I think they were saying if I refuse delivery once the delivery person is already here that is not nice-not if I cancel it before that point. But if that's not what they meant they can clarify.

Last edited by kiwi strawberry on Sat, Nov 28 2015, 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

kiwi strawberry

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 11:39 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
Unless it requires signature, how do you actually refuse something? I mean, UPS, FedEx and USPS 99% of the time just leave boxes at the door. There is no accepting or refusing.

I think they TRY to reach you, like they'd ring the bell first and if there's no answer they'll just leave it but I think they would first ring. If not then my chances of catching them are that much slimmer Very Happy

Has anyone ever done the package intercept on the USPS website? Should I try that? I'm just wondering what they need my credit card info for?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 11:52 pm
IMHopinion wrote:

You obviously don't know much about shipping then. It's actually cheaper for the sender to have the package returned this way then to have to send you a prepaid return label. It's done all the time; quite common.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics