Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Refusing a delivery from Amazon
Previous  1  2

The Happy Wife

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 4:24 am
amother wrote:
You obviously don't know much about shipping then. It's actually cheaper for the sender to have the package returned this way then to have to send you a prepaid return label. It's done all the time; quite common.

Amazon says on their site:

Note: Please do not refuse the delivery of your item. In order to ensure that the return and refund are processed correctly, go to the Online Returns Center. (Amazon.com Full Site.) For more information about our refund policies, go to About Refunds.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help.....72810

mom92

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 6:24 am
amazon gave me this as an option when I tried to cancel an order but it was too late. They sent me an email that said to either refuse the delivery, or return it th regular way. It could be that that is only for things ordered directly from them, and not a different seller.

Leahh

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 8:51 am
kiwi strawberry wrote:
The item has free returns. I'm actually not trying to save money but rather just the hassle of going to the post office or a drop off location to return a heavy item.

If the item has free returns, you can refuse the item on delivery and there shouldn't be any charges.
If you're not home, Amazon returns are shipped through UPS. If the item has free returns then you can schedule a pick up for free as opposed to taking it to a shipping center. Or put it in your car and whenever you see a UPS truck give it to the driver.

SYA

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 9:14 am
Ups actually charges a fee for packages refused at delivery. I was once charged $15. So a lighter item, that shipping costs are less than $15, refusing to accept the delivery may cost the sender more money.

smile22

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 10:17 am
I ordered a buggy board and the next day got it as a gift. I tried to cancel the order but it was already shipped out. I called Amazon and they said either I can return it once I get it or just refuse the package. I think it was FedEx but she was totally ok with it when I told her I refuse the package.

groovy1224

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 10:39 am
Amazon once told me to refuse a delivery. I ordered a mixer, and then 2 days later it went on sale. I called to see if they would do a price adjustment, but the rep just told me to prefer the one on sale, and to refuse the original package so I wouldn't have to lug a heavy package to the ups store to return. There was nothing shady about it; so they do sometimes direct customers to do this.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 11:47 am
Amazon has a deal worked out with UPS that their shipping fees are quite nominal. Instead of refusing delivery, just request a refund for returning it. Choose the option that has free UPS pickup (this is recent, may be seasonal, usually that's for a charge, but dropoff is free), and they will come -- no need for anything but being there when UPS shows up with their own label to return it.

kb

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 12:09 pm
Just pointing out that "refuse" doesn't mean"get off my property you $%#! Ups guy, I refuse to take the package"

It means, "thanks so much for bringing my package, but I've change my mind about it, could you take it back?"

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 12:36 pm
kiwi strawberry wrote:
I think they TRY to reach you, like they'd ring the bell first and if there's no answer they'll just leave it but I think they would first ring. If not then my chances of catching them are that much slimmer Very Happy

That is definitely not the case. I've lived a 2 different addresses and at each, UPS would just toss the box outside the door and leave, never ringing the bell. I called UPS numerous times begging them to just ring the bell and even leave then as someone was almost always home and that way would know the package was there. I'd had expensive and fragile items left out all day in the rain. Now at least I can get email notifications so I know to look for a delivery.

Most of the time FedEx does ring the bell; but the ring and and run away so fast I could never get to the door in time to actually talk to them.

kiwi strawberry

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 4:47 pm
Well well, I woke up this morning to find it already right outside my door! So much for that!! I've never heard of scheduling a free pickup but if that's true that sounds great. How do I do that?

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 5:00 pm
kiwi strawberry wrote:
Well well, I woke up this morning to find it already right outside my door! So much for that!! I've never heard of scheduling a free pickup but if that's true that sounds great. How do I do that?

I've called them on the phone and had them send call tags to me. I slap the tag on a box with the item and call for a pick up, or if I'm going out I drop it in a Fedex box or leave it at the UPS store (depending on the carrier). It's easy. If you have a printer they can email the call tags for you and you can print them at home.

smile22

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 5:00 pm
Lol after all that. When you print out a return label, you should have an option. If not they go on FedEx sight and request a pickup.

kiwi strawberry

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 7:27 pm
Under my orders on Amazon I clicked on return the item and there was an option to schedule a UPS pickup! Wow that's pretty convenient! I learned something new. (Btw Kb of course if I would have refused it I would have been nice about it!!) Thank you everyone for your help!

kiwi strawberry

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 1:31 am
The UPS guy came and picked it up without incident! I actually did not even need to print out a label or do anything to the package. If I would have known about this I wouldn't have even needed to start this thread! Well thanks everyone! Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics