Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Is this acceptable?

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 6:46 pm
my upstairs neighbor allows her children to play with ride on toys, Rollerblades etc inside the house. It makes a lot of noise for us downstair . My kids can't concentrate to do their hw, fall asleep & we all get a headache from it. I have asked that they limit this but it hasn't helped. the Said something like we will try but it's cold out so they need to do something. I can't complain to a landlord as they own the house. I wanted to know if this is normally what people do or if most people arent like this & I should look to moving.

Bruria

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 7:17 pm
Since the kids are small, I understand why she would allow the kids to do this indoors. I would think it's acceptable, but only until a certain hour, like 8 at night.

seeker

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 7:24 pm
Oy. I don't know what to say. I definitely relate to the problem of needing to get your energy out during the winter. I'll let my kids use their scooters or such in our apartment building's shared hallway with dire warnings not to make a lot of noise, and when they start being noisy we stop. But I remember living in the basement of a house and noise is much noisier there! Definitely rollerblades IMHO are not ok. There is no quiet way to rollerblade, for the people below. But ride-on toys like toddlers use - those little car-bikes that you push with your feet - should be ok in moderation.

I think it's fair to request they limit the time, for example to stop when it's your kids' bedtime. But since you say the family owns the house, there isn't anything you can actually do about it. It's really not considerate of them, though it is definitely difficult on families with children when the weather is cold. Still, it's only November, I don't see why they can't put on a coat and rollerblade up and down the block. And just skip the skating on actual rainy days. When the ground is covered in snow and ice for weeks at a time is a different story perhaps.

happyfaces

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 7:29 pm
Maybe you can request they should put a carpet runner on the floor.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 5:14 am
My upstairs neighbors allow heir kids to play in MY hallway, with guns. They shoot my door, and each each other. They leave bullets (little plastic pieces) all over the floor. They make a racket. And their mother had the nerve to complain to another frum neighbor that her kids make too much noise in the hallways.

So yeah, I can hear why noisy neighbors might be annoying. No advice though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette