Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Legal Transcriber Course in Israel

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 2:41 am
Sign up for the TAB Services’ Legal Transcription Course! Orientation and Registration are this Wednesday in Modiin! Looking for a stable career in Israel? Want flexible hours while earning a full-time salary all from the comfort and convenience of your own home? Train to be a legal transcriber!

Legal Transcriber Course:
When: December 27-31, 2015, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Where: Modiin
Cost: 550 NIS plus VAT
Contact us for more information at: TABServicesTraining@gmail.com

This intensive course with TAB Services' expert trainer will fully prepare you to enter the legal transcription world and earn a very competitive salary. Full-Flex-time, full benefits, salaried employment offered to graduates who pass the course testing. TAB Services transcribers receive regular assignments, exceptional per page transcription rates and work as a cohesive team. TAB Services transcribers do not have to find work - we provide you with the work to fill your schedule. Graduates of the course who pass the test will be offered employment.

Contact us for more information at: TABServicesTraining@gmail.com

shalhevet

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 4:36 am
If you are employing the course graduates at the end, why do they have to pay to train for their job?? This sounds like a scam. NEVER pay for training.
What salary do you pay for new employees?

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 4:42 am
I work for TAB, and it's the best work experience I've had so far in Israel.

I didn't do their training course before I started working bcse I trained somewhere else and had prior work experience.

If you have transcription experience, you can apply to work for TAB without taking the course. The course is for people with no background in transcription, and someone could take the course and opt to work elsewhere.

I can't comment about the course, bcse I don't have firsthand experience, but as for working for TAB, they always pay on time. It is a competitive salary for transcription. It's very rare in my experience to find employment in Israel in English, where you work from home, and you have all the benefits of a salaried employee (sick days, vacation days, holidays, havraah, pension) and you have the freedom/flexibility to set your own hours. No working American hours unless that's the time that works for you.

This is not a scam.

luppamom

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 5:26 am
I took a transcription course and the course also cost money and I'm pretty sure it wasn't a scam. Basically, (trying to remember b/c it was awhile ago) the course used to be free, but people weren't taking it seriously, so the owner decided to charge 550 NIS. Enough for only serious people to join, but not a crazy amount. He also trained for other companies, not just his. Oh, you could work for his company w/o the course. Course is just supposed to make you better faster.

I ended up not going into transcription b/c as good as it sounds, it takes a long time to get good and you only make a nice amount of money once you're good. (In the field, usually NOT paid by the hour.) Some people will never be good enough. It's also means you have to be sitting and set up completely right or you'll likely mess up your wrists and your back. Lastly, you need quiet. Disruptions will seriously eat into the money you make. Oh and the company I took a course with was not officially employing anyone. We were all told to set ourselves up as atzmai which means that we would have no benefits from the company.

Oh I just saw that TAB has benefits, wow! Do they pay by the hour too? (I'd be surprised.)

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 5:41 am
As far as I know, TAB is the only transcription company that hires full-time, salaried employees. Originally, all of the employees were independent contractors, just like it currently is with all other transcription companies.

It does take a while to get good, but depending on the person, the time can vary. It also depends on what your goal income is whether or not transcription, for which you are paid per page not per hour, is a good fit for you.

I started out tying 2-5 pages per hour when I was working part, part time. Within a few months I went up to 7 or 8 pages an hour, and after working full time for six months, I was up to 10 pages per hour.

I tend to multitask throughout the day, so I don't have a very definite, precise page-per-hour rate, but I venture to say that if I were super focused, I would be transcribing 10-12 pages per hour. That's $10-12 an hour, which is more than minimum wage in Israel.

I'm not a super-good transcriber, but my first year I averaged around 3,000 nis per month, and my second year 5,000 nis per month. I type around 75 pages per day on average, and I manage to get my work done while my kids are in school, in addition to laundry, small, quick errands, or like today I had a meeting at one of my kid's schools. I can come and go as I please throughout the day, and if I don't focus, which is an issue I'm having today, I'll make up for it later on after the kids go to bed. But that's my choice how to balance my time.

It is harder when the kids are off from school, but that's true with any work-from-home job that I know of.

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 7:02 am
"If you are employing the course graduates at the end, why do they have to pay to train for their job??"

For one, someone could take this training course and then go work for another company or as an independent contractor.

Two, The woman teaching the course will be flying in from America. The hours she spends teaching the course is time away from her normal job duties, so why should she lose out on a week's worth of pay?

Three, Most professional training courses come with a fee. You are paying for the instructor's time and for the knowledge you gain by taking the course.

Four, taking this course is not a prerequisite to working for the company if you have prior experience or training, and you pass the free interview process.

Five, if you pass the course and start working for TAB, you will make back your tuition within your first two to three days of work.

lech lecha08

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 11:55 pm
So it's not just Tel Tzion Ima posting, I also work for TAB and it's not a scam. I was originally hired before they started running this kind of course but they charge for all the reasons previously posted.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics