Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What is your favorite household cleaning product

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 4:33 pm
I guess there are weightier topics to pursue but when it's freezing outside I'm stuck inside and I tend to clean with a vengeance. I've got two cleaning products I'm crazy about and I thought we could share our favorites.

I love Citrasolv, it's made from orange peels and comes in a concentrate. I buy a gallon every year at my co-op. It actually cleans the glass on an oven door. It's great for everything except laundry and windows. Two tablespoons in a quart spray bottle are enough to remove saffron and turmeric stains from white formica. I use it on floors and on hard to remove shoe marks. No more magic erasers for fingerprints on walls. Burnt on food in a crock pot or roasting pan where the foil has leaked, spray it on fill with hot water and come back to it in 5 minutes. The yuck melts away.

The second product is a relatively new discovery of mine. Seventh Generation Daily Shower cleaner. No harsh chemicals, you can spray it on while you're in the shower and get your scrubbing done with ease. No more soap marks on glass shower doors and no more harsh chemicals.

What are your go to cleaning products?

yksraya

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 4:36 pm
Disinfectent wipes!!!!!!!

nywife

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 4:37 pm
Disinfectant wipes. I buy the off brands that are slightly cheaper and keep them everywhere in my house.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 4:50 pm
a broom. a dustpan. garbage bags. orphaned socks for dusting. biokleen laundry detergent. refillable spray mop.

oh, and kids are fun cleaning products. I recently discovered that they like cleaning the fridge Smile

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 4:55 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
a broom. a dustpan. garbage bags. orphaned socks for dusting. biokleen laundry detergent. refillable spray mop.

oh, and kids are fun cleaning products. I recently discovered that they like cleaning the fridge Smile

Orphaned socks for dusting rock! I wear heavy socks in the winter and am hard on my right heel, the hole fits my thumb perfectly. I usually wear cushioned socks so I turn them outside for dusting.

shoshana2

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 7:43 pm
Mr Clean Eraser - to clean marks off of walls and moulding

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 7:49 pm
Elbow grease plus baking soda or vinegar.
Another vote for old sox, though old 100% cotton T-shirts are good for bigger jobs. Old toothbrushes are great tools, but knee-high nylons do a better job getting the gunk out from under faucet handles

pumpernickle

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 7:56 pm
Maria my cleaning woman.

(After that, clorox wipes)

shoshana2

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 8:01 pm
pumpernickle wrote:
Maria my cleaning woman.

Lol!

(After that, clorox wipes)

Peanuts

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 8:04 pm
my vacuum cleaners
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry