Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Continue to buy from friend or look for another saleswoman?

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 6:25 pm
I have a friend who sells products from home. I make an appointment to pick up my order. When I get there I still have to ring her bell and stand outside while one of her children asks, "Who is it?" a few times. The whole conversation is about five minutes. I don't know if I should continue buying from her or find someone who values my time.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 6:28 pm
Depends on how good a friend she is. We bend more for those close to us.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 9:39 pm
Had the same with a sheitel washer/setter. Now I use someone else.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 9:51 pm
Five minutes doesn't sound that long. When you think about it, if she would wait by the door for every person who made an appointment, she would always be waiting by the door. Most people don't come right when they say they will. I do think that if she wants to be professional she should be answering the door herself, not her kids.

What if when you make the appointment you stress that you'll be in a real rush and you need her to answer the door right away. If she still doesn't come to the door for you right away, at that point I would drop her.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 10:04 pm
First of all if she's a good friend 5 minutes is every few weeks is not that much. At any rate since she's a friend, can you text her before you come and tell her you'll be be there in 5 minutes and can she have it ready?

Smile1234

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 10:51 pm
Does she have appointments at times when her kids aren't around? Like mornings or evenings. Maybe try making your next appointment at a time like that and see what happens. Perhaps she lets you make appointments for times that her kids are home even though she doesn't normally have appointments then because you are a friend and she wants to accommodate you.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 11:08 pm
I hope it's not me. Smile

So I'm in direct sales and for general orders and reorders, if you don't need an hour long appointment to try stuff and you know what you want, if you tell me what time you're coming, I'll generally have the receipt and products ready and yes, my kids might answer the door but hopefully I'll come running.

But----- you can let me know you'd prefer I come to you--- if you live close, it's no problem if you're a good client. OR--- you can come when my kids aren't home.

If it's me, and you've had to wait at my door, I'm sorry. But speaking for my kind--- Smile -- just communicate with us--- you'd prefer to make an appt when kids aren't around, or you'd prefer we deliver to you---- totally fine! Just tell us and let's work it out.

ps thanks for reminding me I need to put a note at my bell that it doesn't work--- you need to knock loudly. I LOVE that my bell doesn't work. I tell my clients this, and if I'm expecting them I can generally listen for their car in the driveway, but still.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 11:56 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
I hope it's not me. Smile

So I'm in direct sales and for general orders and reorders, if you don't need an hour long appointment to try stuff and you know what you want, if you tell me what time you're coming, I'll generally have the receipt and products ready and yes, my kids might answer the door but hopefully I'll come running.

No. It's not you. Maybe when I have more time I'll go back to her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics