Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Camera help, anyone?

precious

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 6:41 pm
I have a canon sd1100, which I used to be thrilled with. It seems to be dying, unless it's just my perspective that changed in this world of instant gratification and faster technology. It takes approx 5 seconds from when I press the shutter till it actually takes the picture. I really don't think it used to be so slow.
So, do cameras really die? Is there anything I can do to speed it up or its just time for a new camera?
I'm looking for a compact point and shoot that takes fast, clear pics below $150 if anyone has any recommendations. Specifically looking into canon powershot 170 and Sony cybershot wx220.
Thank you:)

yinz2

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 8:47 am
I recently got the powershot 170 after my camera got stolen (powershot 300 HS), and I was very disappointed with it. Maybe it's the IS vs HS but the pics didn't come out clear and the lens wasnt good. I'm in the process of returning it and I'm planning to get the powershot 350 HS which seems to be better (and an upgrade of my previous one which I liked). It's selling now for $159. Just over your budget but worth it in my opinion.

precious

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 10:49 am
I looked into the powershot 350 and wasn't so impressed with the reviews, it sounded like the 330 was much better but its not really being sold anymore.

gande

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 11:08 am
It seems like the new powershots are not very good. Cell phones are better. You can get an old model powershot (the sd700s and 800s were very good) used on ebay or amazon. Or you can spend a little more for the g series or slr on sale now. Btw my mother bought a g10 on ebay usedyears ago and it's still going strong.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars