Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
NEED ANSWER ASAP!What's the best lightweight small stroller?
1  2  Next

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 9:46 pm
With a good canopy, some storage that makes sense for a small stroller, smooth to push.. (maybe larger wheels so it's easier to push?)

Maclaren's seem popular - which one is the best?

Thank you.

(Hoping for some replies asap to take advantage of cyermonday deals.)

pumpernickle

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 10:06 pm
Quinny is super light. Maclaren is not a light stroller to push. Bugaboo bee pushes amazingly well and folds well too.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 10:27 pm
What is your price range?

shemesh

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 10:33 pm
Yoyo - babyzen
Best stroller ever

OutATowner

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 10:43 pm
Do you mean light as in not a full stroller, but sturdier than an umbrella stroller? I absolutely loved the jeep lightweight stroller. I used it in Israel, US, and after 2 years it broke when we pushed it through two feet of snow. It was $50.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 11:07 pm
OP here, hi -

I'd like to use it as a main stroller., but need something that is relatively light, small, folds small - umbrella 'style' I suppose... Was thinking around $200-250.

UPPA baby was editor's choice for a babygearlab (sp?) review site, I was looking into that. I'll check out the ones you are recommending too...

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 11:16 pm
Wow... The Babzen is over $400 on Amazon. I was like no way, but I must say, it is quite cool.

http://www.babyzen.com/video-yoyo.php

shemesh, how does it push? I need a very smooth ride, very maneuverable.

(also at least on amazon, I don't really see a color I like - looking for white/silver)

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 11:17 pm
Also try the Zobo (sp?) by Babies R Us. I borrowed one from a friend and it was great! It is light, easy to push, folds tiny, and the handle bar height is a normal height (unlike some of the umbrella ones out there). And fun colors! The basket is not huge, but most strollers in the "umbrella type" don't have huge ones. And it is pretty cheap. Their regular price is less than 100. Plus I think you can use one of those "15% off" coupons I get in the mail on one of them, but haven't checked recently if they are now excluded.

ez-pass

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 11:24 pm
Get the citi mini. It is a million times better than Maclaren. I have had both and still pushes easily and folds small. It was on sale for $175 on friday from amazon. Check if it still is. DON'T get maclaren.

kiwi strawberry

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 11:28 pm
I have a maclaren and personally we absolutely hate it. I would definitely say look elsewhere.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 12:02 am
Thanks!

I'm really looking for something that folds more narrow though... like a true umbrella stroller, just the best quality one. best canopy, best ride, most features, etc

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 2:00 am
Skip maclaren. I don't hate ours (though I yearn for a better canopy and standing fold - see uppababy g-luxe for those) but there are definitely worthy competitors out there and maclarens are overpriced by comparison.

Tekky

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 6:10 am
there are so many different options for lightweight strollers nowadays.
the yoyo has the BEST manueverability over ALL competition. however the basket is tiny and the stroller cant take a car seat, like some others can (think qbit, nano , etc)
the uppababy gluxe is ten times better than any maclaren.

amother
White

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 9:30 am
I have a gluxe and my mom has a maclaren, and neither is that great imo. I just got a citi mini which everyone seems to love.

spring13

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 9:39 am
Look at Bumbleride Flite and Chicco Liteway Plus.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 10:07 am
Thanks Spinrg13 I will check those out.

Regarding the yoyo, though, one Amazon reviewer said that there's not much padding for the baby - the bars are against the baby's back. Does anyone have that feeling about the baby's comfort in the stroller?

SYA

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 11:22 am
I have the valco ultra snap duo (double) and was looking into the single version. It's lighweight, easy to push, one hand fold, optional bassinet, can purchase a car seat adapter, canopy has a zipper to lower it even more. Comes in black. Grey heather and denim are a bit more.
Saw it on sale between 250-300 (not sure if bassinet was included).

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 1:47 pm
I'm not crazy about my travel mountain buggy. Even though it is very light, and takes up minimal space when folded, it has a design flaw - the brake goes on when bumping up steps.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 2:05 pm
I hate hate hate the citi mini. It gets stuck in every crack, can't wheel it one handed bec then it wobbles all over, and even tipped over a few times.

wiki

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 8:57 pm
Echoing a previous comment that the Valco Snap may meet your needs. It's City-Mini-ish, but might meet your criteria better (significantly lighter and narrower).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics