Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shopping challenge: Gowns for little girls
1  2  Next

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 12:26 pm
Can you help me out? I'm looking for matching gowns for my daughters/nieces for an upcoming chasunah.

Unfortunately, there are a number of qualifications:

1. Must be available in toddler sizes and little girls' sizes (roughly 3 and 5, I think, though that might depend on the sizing).

2. Preferably ankle-length or tea-length (not knee-length).

3. Long sleeves or sleeveless if the latter would look decent with a shell underneath.

4. Price including shipping should not be more than $30 apiece.

5. No particular color in mind. I'd prefer not white/ivory due to practical reasons but am open to it if that's the only choice.

I think I've narrowed the playing field considerably. Smile

Any help, advice, or leads would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

gande

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 12:35 pm
On ebay you can get off white long jumpers with colored sash for abt that price. Or you can go to the gemach in Flatbush. They have all colors long sleeves,.. Otherwise good luck. Most of the gowns online are short:(

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 12:39 pm
gande wrote:
On ebay you can get off white long jumpers with colored sash for abt that price. Or you can go to the gemach in Flatbush. They have all colors long sleeves,.. Otherwise good luck. Most of the gowns online are short:(

Can you link to a specific store or item on ebay? Thanks!

cnc

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 12:44 pm
Lookup the seller capesforalloccassions on ebay.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 12:47 pm
See what they have in Macys and other department stores. With the big non jewish holiday just around the corner there are plenty of fancy dresses and gowns in stock and I usually can find something that works either with a shell under or a little bolero/cardigan paired up.

penguin

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 12:52 pm
We found adorable ones on Amazon for the little ones. I think they also have larger sizes, and they range from $13 to $50, depending on size.
For example:
this is a jumper, white with many choices of trim

But there are solid color ones too.

lizard8

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 12:59 pm
http://www.davidsbridal.com/Br.....esses

GetReal

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 1:18 pm
gande wrote:

Can you give more info on the gemach? thanks!

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 1:39 pm
these are nice and ankle length:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....8_s00

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 3:19 pm
http://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Ki.....Dress

You have to check out each one, because some say knee length, some say tea length and some are gowns. But the sizing is not exact either.

We ordered two and they were not exactly the same but still looked very nice and I doubt you can beat the price. It came out less than our local gemach.

imokay

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 3:39 pm
I know this one is more than $30, but it's close. For ankle length, order 1 size up
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

gande

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 4:54 pm
I don't have the phone number from the gemach. Maybe someone else does and can provide it. I'll try to find out for you.

cnc

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 6:35 pm
penguin wrote:
We found adorable ones on Amazon for the little ones. I think they also have larger sizes, and they range from $13 to $50, depending on size.
For example:
this is a jumper, white with many choices of trim

But there are solid color ones too.

These are the same as the seller I posted above. They're a few dollars cheaper on ebay.

spring13

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 6:55 pm
Try Zulily, they have holiday dresses a lot at this time of year. I got really cute tea length/long ones for my girls with short sleeves from there for about $30 each.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 8:58 pm
Shells, worn with long gathered velvet skirts?

Patterned velvet with little cute things on it?

Somebody could make the skirts. All straight line sewing and a little elastic.

They would need waist and length measurements for each girl.

There would be an agreed-on shell that all the girls would wear in the same color.

There might be a ruffle of the same fabric at the hem of the skirts. Or not.

Bow of the skirt's fabic at the waist.

A puffy, paper-bag waist.

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 6:41 am
My sister just got married and I bought dresses for my girls from Costco for ?15 each! Now that it's near x-mas they have all their party dresses, the ones I bought were ivory (I know you said you prefer not ivory, they had others but not as nice) net skirts with gold glitter, gold bodice and fake fur ivory sleeveless bolero which they wore with ivory silk undershirts. They were a little past knee length, but the smallest size was 18 months, and my baby is less than a year old, so I bought her the smallest size and it was fine on top, and longer. Looked gorgeous Smile

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 9:57 am
pinkmarie.com has a navy (also burgundy I think) sleeveless gown with pinned on ivory flowers (can be removed for washing) and goes well with an ivory shell. I have this gown that we used for 2 chassunos a couple years ago, and now I'm adding the sizes I need (including a newborn size) for an upcoming one. They're $25-$30. Shipping was free, and It hink there was a promotion code I used too.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 10:07 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
pinkmarie.com has a navy (also burgundy I think) sleeveless gown with pinned on ivory flowers (can be removed for washing) and goes well with an ivory shell. I have this gown that we used for 2 chassunos a couple years ago, and now I'm adding the sizes I need (including a newborn size) for an upcoming one. They're $25-$30. Shipping was free, and It hink there was a promotion code I used too.

Can you link? I don't see it on the site.

shanie5

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 9:12 pm
cnc wrote:
Lookup the seller capesforalloccassions on ebay.

I second this recommendation! Found dd a dress that was maybe $27 for my ds wedding. dd wore a toddler size 2 but they had many sizes, styles, colors and options.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 10:37 pm
amother wrote:
Can you link? I don't see it on the site.

http://pinkmarie.com/index.php.....=2034
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics