Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Baby harness?

chananecha

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 9:07 pm
Has anyone ever used one? Which one do you suggest? Thanks in advance!

cm

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 9:41 pm
I assume you are referring to a toddler harness and leash. We luv the leash! Very useful when you need to keep track of a toddler but you don't have enough hands (like in the airport with luggage), or if the child resists holding hands or needs to use both hands/arms naturally for balance. We used ours on city streets and at the mall - places where it is unsafe for baby to run free.

No specific recommendations as too many years have passed since I bought one, but look for a harness which closes in the back so the baby can't open it. Also, avoid wrist leashes which interfere with baby's natural arm movements, are too easy to open, and put the child at risk of injury from pulling one arm.

Be prepared for anti-leash moms to give you dirty looks.

Sunshine3

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 12:34 am
I got one similar to this idea - http://www.amazon.com/Harness-.....11_20

Ones that are in the shape of an animal are cute, but I preferred this type bec
if I'm in a place that I know people wont approve of it, I can just take of the leash and it looks like shes wearing a regular briefcase, and even if I need to keep it on, I think people don't look at it as bad.

chananecha

Post Fri, Dec 04 2015, 5:06 am
Ok. I need it for an event that is with alot of people in an open public space and my baby runs away alot. So I am just trying to be cautious.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Dec 04 2015, 5:44 am
Kids have different personalities. Some kids are clingy, and would never dream of leaving your side, even for a second (especially when you're in the bathroom! LOL )

Other kids will bolt at the first stray thought that passes through their little heads. I think that a leash is a completely legitimate way of handling kids like that, and there is no reason you need to justify it to anyone.

If anyone gives you a hard time, take your child off the leash, and say "OK, YOU watch him for a while." and then walk away. See how long that lasts! Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics