Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Basic colors snood

tovli toraspicha

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 11:01 am
Does anyone have the sequin snood or the chenille snood from basic colors? Are they good quality? comfortable? decent looking?

I want to order one online because I cannot get into a store but I am a little apprehensive about buying it without trying it on...

glamourmom

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 11:13 am
I have one. its just as comfy (or uncomfy) as other brands but might be abit tighter, which stretches.
the big difference I find is that its smaller, as in it doesn't hang down in back.

bigsis144

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 11:15 am
When I went to the Basic Colors store, I found that the pre-tieds varied a LOT in size, and many were too small for me. They fit on my head, but were so snug that they flattened my hair completely and made me look like a billiard ball on top. I found a few that fit eventually, but I generally get nervous about buying clothes online for this reason.

I don't know if your experience will be different with snoods/berets, but I'm just letting you know what I think.

Good luck!

lfab

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 11:30 am
I have a few of them. They are decent quality. They may not be quite as good as the more expensive ones but last long enough that they are worth it since they are so much cheaper. The chenille snoods do start out a bit tight but stretch over time. I found that the sequin ones were not as tight and do slip/move around a bit more. As another poster said they are a little on the smaller side so they don't really hang down in back, if that's the style you like, especially if you have a lot of hair to stick underneath. Also, they don't have much of a variety. Overall, I think they are definitely worth it since they are so much cheaper.

tovli toraspicha

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 11:47 am
thanks, those were really helpful responses!

cla

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 11:47 am
In my experience the snood part fits fine, it's the elastic that's way too tight and gave me a headache. What I did is, I opened the elastic, knotted in about 2" of my own elastic, and then it was perfect. Agreed about most of their bandanas being way to small and looking ridiculous though. Not all, but they aren't labeled so you really need to try it.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 11:50 am
Don't order online. You need to try on each piece in person. I always go in hoping to purchase 4 at a time, but end up only finding 1 that fits properly.
The one time I bought 2, the second was a dud, doesn't fit as well as the first (too tight and I can't wear it.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars