Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Saw any new Chanukah Party food ideas for meat meals?
1  2  Next

Mevater

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 12:24 am
Chanukah parties started tonight. Saw any new Chanukah Party food ideas for meat meals? I need ideas for this Shabbos, but please post anything easy/unique/elegant that youve seen served this Chanukah. Sometimes an old recipe presented a new way can taste/look super.

Im especially looking for interesting and easy desserts with no artificial ingredients, but I could use some easy/unique/elegant mains and sides too.

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 12:29 am
Mishpacha this week had a yummy looking recipe for latkas with chicken inside of them. It used frozen hash browns which appealed to me...no peeling and grating!

You can also serve a tray of cut veggies with a Menorah shaped into it.

ValleyMom

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 12:42 am
Can you post that recipe for potato chicken latkes...

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 12:43 am
We do tried and true oldie goodies.
Plated salad, hot soup, main of hot corned beef, chicken two ways, mushroom rice, sesame green beans, various miniature desserts. Every year mostly the same with variations.

tweety1

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 7:09 am
out-of-towner wrote:
Mishpacha this week had a yummy looking recipe for latkas with chicken inside of them. It used frozen hash browns which appealed to me...no peeling and grating!

You can also serve a tray of cut veggies with a Menorah shaped into it.

I made last night similar. A patchka but delicious!
Sautee an onion, add ground beef (abt 1/2 lb) add 4 tablespoons ketchup and 1 tsp brown sugar. Cook untill done. Set aside. Now make a regular potato latka mixture. In a frying pan put a little potato mixture top with meat mixture and again with potato mixture. Fry like regular Latkes.

Mevater

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 9:06 am
Anyone willing to post pics of their Chanukah party table (food only)?

pickle321

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 9:16 am

Dreidel shaped noodles in chicken soup

Mevater

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 9:20 am
pickle321 wrote:

Dreidel shaped noodles in chicken soup

OMG! That really cute but must be loads of work cutting each dreidel! Theyre perfectly neat!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 9:44 am
I have a video of how to serve two toned soup with one of the soups in the shape of a dreidel. Pretty simple to do. You may pm me.

pickle321

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 9:46 am
Mevater wrote:
OMG! That really cute but must be loads of work cutting each dreidel! Theyre perfectly neat!

I have a dreidel cookie cutter

Momrus

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 9:51 am
ra_mom wrote:
We do tried and true oldie goodies.
Plated salad, hot soup, main of hot corned beef, chicken two ways, mushroom rice, sesame green beans, various miniature desserts. Every year mostly the same with variations.

What's your recipe for mushroom rice? TIA

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 11:02 am
You can do steak latkes like you'd do steak fries.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 11:06 am
Think I can use egg roll wrappers to cut out dreidel noodles like above? I cannot deal with making dough from scratch this week.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 11:21 am
For those that asked, I have the video on my phone and can only text it. I'm sorry, I don't know how to email it.
Basically, use two different colored blended soups like carrot and pea soup. Place a dreidel cookie cutter in the center of the bowl. Use a plastic cup to carefully pour one soup around the perimeter of the cookie cutter, as you hold down the cutter, leaving the dreidel part of the bowl dry and empty. Only pour enough soup to reach the top of the cookie cutter, not higher. Then pour the other color soup into the cookie cutter itself, only until you almost reach the top. Carefully remove the cookie cutter by pulling it up. Voila.

pickle321

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 11:37 am
ra_mom wrote:
For those that asked, I have the video on my phone and can only text it. I'm sorry, I don't know how to email it.
Basically, use two different colored blended soups like carrot and pea soup. Place a dreidel cookie cutter in the center of the bowl. Use a plastic cup to carefully pour one soup around the perimeter of the cookie cutter, as you hold down the cutter, leaving the dreidel part of the bowl dry and empty. Only pour enough soup to reach the top of the cookie cutter, not higher. Then pour the other color soup into the cookie cutter itself, only until you almost reach the top. Carefully remove the cookie cutter by pulling it up. Voila.

Very cool! If anyone makes this please post a picture.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 11:49 am
Momrus wrote:
What's your recipe for mushroom rice? TIA

I saut? lots of diced Vidalia onions along with crushed garlic in oil. Add fresh sliced mushrooms and saut? another few minutes. Toss with cooked Uncle Ben's white rice and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Twinster

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 11:59 am
I think this was in the Ami. Forgot what they called it, but something like sausage pops. Bread sausages (mayo or eggs, then dipped in seasoned panko crumbs). Bake, turning so all sides get crispy (or stick a skewer into each end and place over a 9x13 pan so all sides are exposed). Then cut into 1" thick slices. Stick a pretzel or pretty toothpick in each. Serve with marinara sauce. It's more of an entree or just as an extra on the table. I wonder, you may even be able to cut them into dreidel shapes after slicing.

pinksmoothie

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 1:42 pm
Imamother Pickle123
Those noodles are so sweet, my kids would love it!
Do you have a recipe for the dough?
Thanks Smile

pickle321

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 1:47 pm
pinksmoothie wrote:
Imamother Pickle123
Those noodles are so sweet, my kids would love it!
Do you have a recipe for the dough?
Thanks Smile

I don't im sorry. You can probably find one if you google or maybe someone here has a recipe. I didn't actually make those, just saw it on Pinterest

pinksmoothie

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 1:49 pm
Thanks Very Happy
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics