Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Renouce israeli citizenship.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 5:35 pm
Helpppp needed asap. Ok so...
DH thought he will be living in israel but when he got married then I begged him im not living there for all diff reasons... Now theres a prob. Hes got a temporary passport was issued in 2011 he says hes israeli. Now how do I not make him israeli and just british like me?? I dont want there to be probs for our kids and when he visit israel. Ahhhhh im so fed up. I found this http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Cons.....aspx. But I dont undestand what I need to do. Anyone?? Do I need to make an appointment? https://consulate-secure-form-.....ondon
Has anyone recently done this?? Pleaseeeeee helppp me urgently. Im goong mad. Can I have step by step what to do plzzz

rosebunch

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 7:23 pm
Where do you live?
Did he state on that passport (during application) that he's married?
I gave up my israeli citizenship a couple of years ago. It was a process, but worth it in the end. Didn't want my kids having issues when visiting.
If you provide more info, I can gladly assist you on what I did.

LOVELY19

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 2:36 am
Thanks!! We live in hendon. No he didnt state on it his married bc he wasnt. We recently got married. Im expection # 1 so I waana do this fast.

rosebunch

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 8:43 am
LOVELY19 wrote:
Thanks!! We live in hendon. No he didnt state on it his married bc he wasnt. We recently got married. Im expection # 1 so I waana do this fast.

Ok, well I am in the us so not sure how this differs.
Either way, he needs to go down to the Israeli consulate and start the process of giving up citizenship. I believe it'll be an easier process if they don't know he's married.
I was married and had to go through an additional process of notarizing our marriage license making it international friendly! Once that was taken care of, I was able to go back to the consulate to start the process.
I suggest you call up the consulate and ask them exactly what documents to bring along. Once the paperwork is submitted, it does take several weeks for them to call you back to come pick up the letter that states that citizenship has been given up. Every time he travels to israel, he'll need this letter upon entering (that's what I was told, but haven't visited since).
Hatzlacha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions