Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Donut Count
1  2  Next

How many donuts did you eat so far
none  
 20%  [ 48 ]
1-3  
 53%  [ 128 ]
4-7  
 17%  [ 43 ]
8-10  
 5%  [ 12 ]
more than ten  
 3%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 239

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 9:40 am
Today is the fourth day of Chanukah. Donuts are my weakness. I had 8 so far. How many did you have?

imasoftov

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 9:43 am
Am I supposed to give the full number of donuts I've eaten in each poll, or divide them by four and use that?

pistachio88

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 9:59 am
I voted two but I''ll probably have another two before Chanukah ends bringing my count to four

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 9:59 am
My count will be the same in each poll- I haven't had any. And I don't plan on having any. I might split one on Sunday with someone at a family party.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 10:00 am
Also isn't it only the fourth day?

Beyla

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 10:02 am
9 😋😋😋 I will add : boruch hashem!

amother
Red

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 10:02 am
I eat only the top part of every donut cuz I like the chocolate, and not the filling, so every 2 tops count as one donut!

Liveandlearn

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 10:05 am
Can I count mini donuts as a half ?
If so I had 4 1/2

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 10:08 am
I only like glazed twists and they are not available over here. I cannot tolerate frosting, sprinkles, or filling Smile

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 10:25 am
My annual doughnut was stale and disappointing.

bigsis144

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 10:27 am
None; I don't like donuts. I would rather spend the calories on some good latkes or cheese blintzes with sour cream.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 10:48 am
I have GD, so I HAVE to be careful this year. Doctor said I could treat myself to one as long as my sugars are well-controlled, which Bh they are. I treated myself yesterday and that's it for the chag. I plan to have a few latkes tonight.

etky

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 11:35 am
amother wrote:
My annual doughnut was stale and disappointing.

I usually have 1 or 1 and a half sufganiyot over the chag.
I eat a half at a time so I can sample more than one and on different occasions.
So far I've had two halves The parve one with halva filling from English cake was actually better than the dairy jam filled one from a premium bakery that I sampled the next night.
It was pretty awful.
So disappointing when you 'save yourself' for a special treat and it's not up to par. Sad
Also, is it my imagination or have all the sufganiyot shrunk this year? I thought I was eating a mini but DH said that those were the full size ones. Then I bought some myself the next day at a different place and they all looked tiny.

Happy 2B

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 1:13 pm
You didn't give the option of half. I ate the rosemary filling of my donut. Does that count as one?

tweety1

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 2:30 pm
Do the small francoz count? I had 6 of those.

water_bear88

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 3:31 pm
etky wrote:
I usually have 1 or 1 and a half sufganiyot over the chag.
I eat a half at a time so I can sample more than one and on different occasions.
So far I've had two halves The parve one with halva filling from English cake was actually better than the dairy jam filled one from a premium bakery that I sampled the next night.
It was pretty awful.
So disappointing when you 'save yourself' for a special treat and it's not up to par. Sad
Also, is it my imagination or have all the sufganiyot shrunk this year? I thought I was eating a mini but DH said that those were the full size ones. Then I bought some myself the next day at a different place and they all looked tiny.

I think you're right about the size- maybe they all saw the minis sell better?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 3:41 pm
I don't like donuts much at all. Unless they are homemade and very fresh.

But now I'm on a GF diet and not motivated to make my own. DDIL may make some. Then I may eat a few.

So far I had 2 or 3 chocolate truffles that I should not have eaten.

etky

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 3:44 pm
water_bear88 wrote:
I think you're right about the size- maybe they all saw the minis sell better?

I wouldn't have a problem with them forgoing the regular sized ones and just making minis. IMO it is the perfect size for a doughnut. The problem is that they are charging for them as if they were full sized doughnuts. 10 Shekel for a doughnut, no matter how intricately decorated and 'gourmet', is a lot of 'dough'. Truth is I actually prefer the simple jelly ones but even they seem smaller this year.

boysrus

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 4:39 pm
etky wrote:
I wouldn't have a problem with them forgoing the regular sized ones and just making minis. IMO it is the perfect size for a doughnut. The problem is that they are charging for them as if they were full sized doughnuts. 10 Shekel for a doughnut, no matter how intricately decorated and 'gourmet', is a lot of 'dough'. Truth is I actually prefer the simple jelly ones but even they seem smaller this year.

wow, 10 shekel for a doughnut sounds really expensive! They had better be good for that price! The best doughnuts I ever had were ribat chalav from Angel's bakery... cant get that here in the US.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 5:43 pm
I said +10 because I counted before chanuka too, chanuka alone I had non...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics