Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Satmar Lakewood - Satmar to build Khila & Mosdos in Lakewood
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

chany-frum

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 2:20 pm
Today Satmar announced plan to build Khila & Mosdos in Lakewood !!

so families can buy nice big apartments for affordable prices

just wondering what Lakewood people think about that ?

are Satmar people welcomed in Lakewood ? do you think its a good fit ??

Last edited by chany-frum on Thu, Dec 10 2015, 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 2:22 pm
Satmar is already in Lakewood.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 2:28 pm
Satmar has had a shul and cheder in Lakewood for at least 30 years.

When my DH was in cheder 3 were only 3 chedarim in Lakewood: The cheder, YTT, and Satmar.

I have a few Satmar relatives in Lakewood who have already married off children and still learning in BMG.

So I'm not sure having Satmar in Lakewood is a new thing.

The biggest issue is schools. As much as litvish people have an issue with school, the heimish issue is getting much larger.
(Supposedly there are enough slots in girl's litvish schools this year, but not in heimish schools)
If they open large new schools that would be amazing.

Considering that Belz has already done this it isn't exactly new.

the only difficulty is that if the women do not drive Lakewood is not very transportation friendly. My relatives live in the center of town so they are able to walk everywhere needed. but at the outskirts of town it is more difficult.

chany-frum

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 2:28 pm
for "satmar williamsburg" type

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 2:30 pm
chany-frum wrote:
for "satmar williamsburg" type

My relatives don't drive, cover their shietel with a hat, speak yiddish to their children. Is there a difference.

chany-frum

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 2:31 pm

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 2:33 pm
Yes. I heard a while ago that they bought a huge property somewhere on Cross St for a shikun. So, it won't exactly be in the heart of Lakewood. More like what Belz did.

FTR, the Satmar in Lakewood, was started by people who were thrown out of Satmar 50 years ago. Those politics are over by now but it has very few real Satmar chassidim, if any.

chany-frum

amother wrote:
My relatives don't drive, cover their shietel with a hat, speak yiddish to their children. Is there a difference.

I guess not !

question if satmar had a school for this type people only

Last edited by chany-frum on Thu, Dec 10 2015, 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

cnc

chany-frum wrote:
Today Satmar announced plan to build Khila & Mosdos in Lakewood !!

so families can buy nice big apartments for affordable prices

just wondering what Lakewood people think about that ?

are Satmar people welcomed in Lakewood ? do you think its a good fit ??

Won't it eventually become another version of Williamsburg?
Everyone will want to live in the specific Satmar neighborhood which will make prices unaffordable. (Besides that real estate taxes are very high..)
It's a great solution for right now, but I wonder what the prices will look like in 20 years or even five years.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 2:35 pm
amother wrote:

Sure is.

Which Satmar is it BTW?

chany-frum

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 2:36 pm
cnc wrote:
Won't it eventually become another version of Williamsburg?
Everyone will want to live in the specific Satmar neighborhood which will make prices unaffordable. (Besides that real estate taxes are very high..)
It's a great solution for right now, but I wonder what the prices will look like in 20 years or even five years.

my understanding was that Lakewood has unlimited land to develop ! am I wrong ?

chany-frum

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 2:40 pm
amother wrote:
Sure is.

Which Satmar is it BTW?

its in "Der Yid" I guess its reb zalmen

makes no difference for me or for the question

its all the same

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 2:42 pm
chany-frum wrote:

Well it has expanded to Toms River, Jackson and Howell, similarly to the idea that Williamsburg has expanded its borders but firstly as soon as the first phase of people move in , the prices increase. (Toms River housing has doubled in the last three years.)
Secondly, won't people want to be "in the center" near the shul , mosdos, etc...? especially if they don't drive. Noone wants to walk 3 miles to the main Shul on shabbos.

I understand that it's a great alternative for now when Willi housing is unaffordable, they'll start a new community here but eventually they will have the same issues and will need to keep on doing this in different places.

happybeingamom

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 2:51 pm
cnc wrote:
Well it has expanded to Toms River, Jackson and Howell, similarly to the idea that Williamsburg has expanded its borders but firstly as soon as the first phase of people move in , the prices increase. (Toms River housing has doubled in the last three years.)
Secondly, won't people want to be "in the center" near the shul , mosdos, etc...? especially if they don't drive. Noone wants to walk 3 miles to the main Shul on shabbos.

I understand that it's a great alternative for now when Willi housing is unaffordable, they'll start a new community here but eventually they will have the same issues and will need to keep on doing this in different places.

That is the law of real estate. Location, Location, Location.

Maya

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 3:00 pm
chany-frum wrote:

Nothing is unlimited.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 3:51 pm
chany-frum wrote:

Does anyone have unlimited land? Does Williamsburg? Does KJ? Lakewood is expanding, sure. But there's only so much place! People are moving to Toms River and Jackson (neighboring towns).

My concern is for housing prices and traffic. I'm not concerned about schools because in all likelihood Satmar people will not be attending the same schools as yeshivish people.

But Rt. 9 is very congested at all hours of the day already. And if demand for houses goes up, prices will go up too.

chany-frum

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 4:29 pm
LiLIsraeli wrote:
Does anyone have unlimited land? Does Williamsburg? Does KJ? Lakewood is expanding, sure. But there's only so much place! People are moving to Toms River and Jackson (neighboring towns).

My concern is for housing prices and traffic. I'm not concerned about schools because in all likelihood Satmar people will not be attending the same schools as yeshivish people.

But Rt. 9 is very congested at all hours of the day already. And if demand for houses goes up, prices will go up too.

I didn't mean it as really unlimited ,rather thousands of acres of land to develop

from what I was told you can drive and drive on the 9 and see available land to develop

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 4:54 pm
LiLIsraeli wrote:

As has happened to Monsey in the last 2 years. Traffic has become impossible and housing prices are through the roof.

Someone who just bought a house in Monsey told me that she was looking to buy in Boro Park in the 1.2 million range. But when she saw that in Monsey she could get a much larger private house with front yard and back yard for much cheaper, she came here. She bought for 800K which for her was a steal of a deal! She was getting so much more for so much less!

For us local Monseyers who are looking to buy a house, well, forget it. We're being kicked out by the newcomers who are willing to pay crazy prices only because where they're coming from it's even crazier!

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 4:55 pm
Williamsburg and Boro Park are very crowded and overpriced people have to start going where it's more affordable and spacious

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 4:56 pm
chany-frum wrote:
I didn't mean it as really unlimited ,rather thousands of acres of land to develop

from what I was told you can drive and drive on the 9 and see available land to develop

Nope. Some, yes. Not tons.

https://www.google.com/maps/@4.....data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sSHqn_0fhZDYywuIAnrNa4g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics