Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
DO JEWS USE TRASH CANS? (SEE REDDIT QUESTION ANSWERS)
1  2  Next

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 8:47 pm
THIS IS HILARIOUS!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Judai.....daism

READ THE COMMENTS! [warning: some profanity]

ENJOY!

morah

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 8:50 pm
Even more hilarious were some of the follow-up threads people started. Just look at the titles.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 8:58 pm
That is truly one of the funniest things I've read in a very long time. TYVM

penguin

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 9:07 pm
I would just appreciate if people would put a warning when they link to something which includes profanity. Thank you.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 9:15 pm
Ima's before you complain about your husbands iPhone use, remember, he may be Redditing.

2cents

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 9:15 pm
so funny! thanks for posting!

Volunteer

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 10:32 pm
This was great. Thanks

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 10:35 pm
penguin wrote:
I would just appreciate if people would put a warning when they link to something which includes profanity. Thank you.

I didn't notice it. Sorry. With all due respect, you didn't have to click on a link you were not familiar with.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 10:38 pm
I laughed so hard, I woke up my baby!

Thanks Andrea!

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 10:41 pm
morah wrote:
Even more hilarious were some of the follow-up threads people started. Just look at the titles.

What threads?

fluffernutter

Post Fri, Dec 11 2015, 6:16 am
This reminds me of a funny story.

Our cleaning ladies came on Tuesday mornings. One morning one of them asked me - "Why is it that the Jews put their garbage by the curb at night? We always see them there when we come in the morning, but then they get put back during the day. What custom is this? "

I was totally baffled for a minute, and then looked at her and said "Oh, garbage day is Tuesday. Nothing to do with religion!" LOL LOL LOL

morah

Post Fri, Dec 11 2015, 7:25 am
andrea levy wrote:
What threads?

If you look in the Judaism subreddit, browse the other threads started that same day, a bunch of silly titles were started in response to the original.

penguin

Post Fri, Dec 11 2015, 1:48 pm
penguin wrote:
Quote:
I would just appreciate if people would put a warning when they link to something which includes profanity. Thank you
Quote:
I didn't notice it. Sorry. With all due respect, you didn't have to click on a link you were not familiar with.
It just seems to me that on a site for frum women I should be able to click on a link without finding things that I, as a frum woman, would rather not see. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Dec 11 2015, 2:20 pm
penguin wrote:
penguin wrote:
Quote:
I would just appreciate if people would put a warning when they link to something which includes profanity. Thank you
Quote:
It just seems to me that on a site for frum women I should be able to click on a link without finding things that I, as a frum woman, would rather not see. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case.

I reread it and had a VERY hard time finding anything inappropriate profanity wise. Save yourself the trouble and don't click on an external link next time. Be your own Mashgiach.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Dec 11 2015, 2:52 pm
Andrea, there was unnecessary profanity in the very first paragraph. I didn't read any further, hilarious or not.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Dec 11 2015, 3:10 pm
I guess my internal filter is functioning. I had to read the first post on the Reddit 3 times to find the vulgarity.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Dec 11 2015, 4:23 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Andrea, there was unnecessary profanity in the very first paragraph. I didn't read any further, hilarious or not.

So sorry for your discomfort. Honestly, I ddnt notice. Good for you for stopping to read it when you saw something offensive to you. That's what I do. Obviously my skills at noticing are not top notch though.

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Dec 12 2015, 6:37 pm
Now I'm so curious. What was the profanity ? Going back to read it again.

fmt4

Post Sat, Dec 12 2015, 7:15 pm
I don't really understand why people get so insulted by curse words. You know the word right? You've seen it in your lifetime? So how does seeing it again harm you?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Dec 12 2015, 7:19 pm
Some people are more affected by what they see and hear. I feel like I'm a sponge and everything stays in- good bad or indifferent, I'll remember conversations... my dh is not like that at all. Recently he wanted to show me something on line that he thought was funny. Uhm every other word if not more were curse words. He quickly shut it because he knows I don't appreciate it. While he doesn't talk like that he's not sensitive at all. I think it's part personality, part upbringing.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics