Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Need tips! Traveling with kids to OOT family wedding

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 11:55 am
Hi all!! A close family member will be getting married out of town. We are so excited!!
I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with it all, so I'm looking for any tips and pointers to maximize everyone's sanity regarding:
(1) traveling with assorted young children (baby through pre-teen)
(2) staying at a stranger's house for several days with assorted young children (I so badly don't want to be "that" guest from h*ll. Yet I need to take care of my children. How do I find a balance?)
(3) going to the hall- what should I bring??? Anyone have a checklist?

SingALong

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 3:03 pm
1. Bring easy travel games/toys like workbooks, crayons, stickers, etc that can be done on airplane. Bring a few quiet games for kids to do by your host.
2. Try to go out every day with your kids. Research local museums, parks, activities, pizza store, etc. where you can be on your own a bit. That will occupy your kids and give your host some space.
3. Bring to hall anything you need for the duration of wedding, pampers, pjs, bottles, snacks, blankets for the little ones who might sleep there.
4. Is there any way you can hire a babysitter for the times you need to go out with kids like sheva brachas, or during wedding if some kids you'll put to sleep after chupa?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics