Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Ideas to DIY this - or cheap alternative?
Previous  1  2

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 12:13 am
buy cheap place-mats & cut them to your specifications ... but you could also buy vinyl by the yard at a hardware or material store but that might be slippery

how about cutting out cardboard circles, draw pictures, then using double sided tape to keep them in place

last thought - felt crafting material is not slippery and comes in a variety of colours you can cut in shapes

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 12:18 am
Not going to tape them down each time, I need something I can quickly toss down and move around.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 12:22 am
For some reason I'm having a hard time copying the link, but try to find these and see if they work.

(4 Pack) Round Multi-Purpose Jar Gripper Pad ... - Walmart

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 12:49 am
seeker wrote:
Not going to tape them down each time, I need something I can quickly toss down and move around.

you wouldn't have to tape down felt Colors

kb

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 1:45 am
glutenless wrote:
For some reason I'm having a hard time copying the link, but try to find these and see if they work.

(4 Pack) Round Multi-Purpose Jar Gripper Pad ... - Walmart

LINK:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/4-Pa.....02114

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 9:11 am
reality mom wrote:
As a Gym Teacher, I've been using the sportime spot markers for years. If you need something that will survive daily abuse, it may be worth the investment.

I really think you need to consider durability over the long term. Fidgety kids can destroy just about anything, and all it takes is one small tear to get them to want to keep going. (ever had your wallpaper attacked by a bored toddler?)

I was going to suggest neoprene, but DD loves the texture of it, and especially loves to tear it into little bits and play with the spongy parts.

If this is an occupational expense, you can list it as a deduction on your taxes, so I say go for the good stuff.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 9:32 am
Does it have to be circular? And how removable? We marked up our playroom floor with colored electrician's tape and wrote on that with permanent marker.

penguin

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 11:22 am
There are two types of non-slip disk I am thinking of.

One is placed on a wall behind a door to prevent the doorknob from making holes in the wall. It is white.

The other is stuck onto bottoms of furniture to prevent it from moving. I think it comes in brown.

With the first I would think you could color it with permanent markers.

Both come with sticky backs but - do you need to take these things OFF the floor or do you want them to stay on?

I think cutting pieces of rubber tub mats sound better, honestly.

sbil

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 11:30 am
someone once told me of mouse pads for the computer, not sure if they are still sold

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 12:47 pm
cut up cheap yoga mats. definitely non-slip. not sure about the dry-erase aspect, but good old-fashioned marker on masking tape can work, or just shape masking tape into letters as needed.

SorGold

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 3:26 pm
Cut up silicone baking mats
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains