Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
LINKS Shabbaton

Sending daughter to links shabbaton
Yes  
 35%  [ 7 ]
No  
 65%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 20

smileyface:)

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 7:59 pm
My daughter will be going to the LINKS shabbaton. I am so thankful for the weekend they give to my daughter. Anyone else sending thier girls/

happyone

Post Tue, Dec 15 2015, 8:23 pm
I sent a shabbos at their retreat years ago and was blown away watching the girls open up, forge relationships, and enjoy a shabbos complete with inspiration, fun and entertaining in a safe and warm environment.
sarah Rivka does an unbelievable job!!!! Your daughter is sure to have a great time.

Post Wed, Dec 16 2015, 9:11 pm
you went?
can I ask a question - was it a little sad? m y daughter says it isnt but I cant imagine that

howru2day

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 1:32 pm
When is it being?

cfriedman2

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 3:33 pm
what is links?

Post Sun, Dec 20 2015, 10:24 pm
links is this fantastic orginization which caters to girls who have lost either parent r"l that are between high school until 24

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Dec 21 2015, 9:08 am
Hugs and I'm so glad this resource is there for her, and wish all of you simchas hachaim and only the best.

debsey

Post Mon, Dec 21 2015, 12:54 pm
So, did she go? Did she enjoy it? I'm a donor - I'd love to hear how the money was spent and how it went. I love organizations that don't have major fundraising and major profiles -they just do their thing and you know the money goes directly to help the girls.

bookie

Post Mon, Dec 21 2015, 3:00 pm
debsey wrote:
So, did she go? Did she enjoy it? I'm a donor - I'd love to hear how the money was spent and how it went. I love organizations that don't have major fundraising and major profiles -they just do their thing and you know the money goes directly to help the girls.

Afaik it wasnt yet and the girls usually love it

debsey

Post Mon, Dec 21 2015, 3:13 pm
bookie wrote:
Afaik it wasnt yet and the girls usually love it
It definitely was this past shabbos. I just want to hear how it was......I think LINKS is so unusual because they are the one organization that doesn't do these over the top blitzes with fundraising.

bookie

Post Mon, Dec 21 2015, 3:17 pm
debsey wrote:
It definitely was this past shabbos. I just want to hear how it was......I think LINKS is so unusual because they are the one organization that doesn't do these over the top blitzes with fundraising.

Oh thought it was in couple weeks. I have what do with samchainu which is for almanos and they are the same way in terms of fundraising.

Post Mon, Dec 21 2015, 9:58 pm
you are a donor? YOU HAVE SUCH A ZCHUS!!
my daughter loved every moment of I!!
in her worsa : "it was the diverse crowd with the most unified reason" she said everything was done to the maximum!!
she sent me pictures along the way of the hotel which was stunning!!1 and the amount of food she said was cray! but more than that was the presentation - she said she never saw something like it! they had world renowned speakers, excellen roundtables, flew in Miriam Israeli from Israel to sing, went to an arcade with unlimied tokens and tons of other things like lazer tag and go carts. they gave out books, jewelery, cds, and much more. my daughter said that the game they had motzei shabbas was fantastic!!
the girls she said are sooooo normal and cool. She said they laughed the whole time .
YOU LITERALLY GAVE THESE YESOMOS A SHABBAS OF A LIFETIME!!

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 3:55 pm
forgot to meantion they had a cartoonist, beading, defense, and photo booth before my daughter came

debsey

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 9:39 pm
smileyface:) wrote:
forgot to meantion they had a cartoonist, beading, defense, and photo booth before my daughter came

WOW! I have no connection to them, someone sent me a "GoFundMe" link and I thought -this sounds good, I'll donate, but I was curious what really happened. Thanks for filling me in. Wish I had heard of them before, it sounds like they do something pretty amazing.

Post Sat, Dec 26 2015, 11:39 pm
what was the title of the go fund me page - I would loveto donate some money

Post Sun, Dec 27 2015, 6:08 pm
?

debsey

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 12:17 am
smileyface:) wrote:
?
DK - it was emailed as an attachment a very long time ago. I'm not really familiar with gofundme, but the person who sent it is someone I respect so I donated.

Dalia

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 11:46 am
https://www.gofundme.com/links
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics