Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
GOBBLE GOBBLE BALLS

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 10:44 am
Posted: Today at 7:44 am Post subject: GOBBLE GOBBLE BALLS
These were good and easy. It's from a new cookbook by two guys who own a restaurant in New York serving only meatballs. I made with the side they suggested. The nuts were delish but dangerous for me to keep around as I could have inhaled as a single nosh. Candied or spiced nuts are a great and simple hostess gift or would work for Purim.

GOBBLE GOBBLE BALLS

Source: Lauren Deen & Holzmann - The Meatball Shop Cookbook.

ll the flavors of our favorite holiday in the perfect package. Ground turkey, stuffing, dried cranberries, plus a pinch of homey cinnamon come together for a fall favorite with none of the fuss. While roast turkey can often be dry, these balls stay nice and moist. Serve these as minis for an hors d’oeuvre or for a cozy Sunday-night meal paired with Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Honey-Roasted Pecans and Candied Yams.

Makes about 2 dozen 1½-inch meatballs

2 TABLESPOONS OLIVE OIL
2 POUNDS GROUND TURKEY
2 CUPS GARLIC CROUTONS OR STUFFING CUBES
1 CUP DRIED CRANBERRIES
2 LARGE EGGS
¼ CUP BREAD CRUMBS
2 TABLESPOONS CHOPPED FRESH SAGE
2 TEASPOONS SALT
PINCH OF GROUND CINNAMON

• Preheat the oven to 450°F. Drizzle the olive oil into a 9 × 13-inch baking dish and use your hand to evenly coat the entire surface. Set aside.

• Combine the ground turkey, croutons, cranberries, eggs, bread crumbs, sage, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and mix by hand until thoroughly incorporated.

• Roll the mixture into round, golf ball–size meatballs (about 1½ inches), making sure to pack the meat firmly. Place the balls in the prepared baking dish, being careful to line them up snugly and in even rows vertically and horizontally to form a grid. The meatballs should be touching one another.

• Roast for 20 minutes, or until the meatballs are firm and cooked through. A meat thermometer inserted into the center of a meatball should read 165°F.

• Allow the meatballs to cool for 5 minutes in the baking dish before serving.

ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH APPLES AND HONEY-ROASTED PECANS

Source: Lauren Deen & Holzmann - The Meatball Shop Cookbook.

Brussels sprouts are one of the highlights of the fall market. If you’re lucky you can buy them attached to the stalk. When roasted, the outer leaves become nicely browned, and in this recipe the flavor is intensified by the addition of apples and onions. The honey-roasted pecans add a wonderful sweet and salty crunch and are a bonus recipe here—you can snack on these with a cocktail too.

Serves 4 to 6

1 POUND BRUSSELS SPROUTS, TRIMMED AND HALVED
1 LARGE ONION, CUT INTO 1-INCH PIECES
¼ CUP OLIVE OIL
2 TEASPOONS SALT OR TO TASTE
2 BAKING APPLES, SUCH AS BRAEBURN OR GRANNY SMITH, PEELED, CORED, AND CUT INTO 1-INCH PIECES
¼ CUP APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
1 CUP HONEY-ROASTED PECANS (RECIPE FOLLOWS)
FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER

• Preheat the oven to 500°F.

• Place the Brussels sprouts and onions in a 9 × 13-inch baking dish. Add the olive oil and salt, and toss to coat.

• Roast until the Brussels sprouts begin to brown, about 15 minutes. Add the apples, mix, and return to the oven. Continue roasting, turning every 10 minutes, until the Brussels sprouts and onions are fully cooked and tender and the apples are beginning to soften, about 20 minutes.

• Remove the dish from the oven, add the vinegar, and toss to incorporate. Season with additional salt, if desired, and transfer to a platter. Top with the pecans and a generous sprinkle of pepper. Serve immediately.

HONEY-ROASTED PECANS

Make extra pecans and store them in a resealable container with a tight-fitting lid in the pantry or a cabinet. If they get a bit stale or soggy, you can always roast them again for a few minutes.

Makes 1 cup

1 CUP PECAN HALVES
2 TABLESPOONS HONEY
1 TEASPOON SALT

Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Place the pecans on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle on the honey, add the salt, and toss to coat.
Roast, tossing every 5 minutes, until the pecans are deep brown, well roasted, and let off a strong, nutty aroma, about 20 minutes.
Remove the pecans from the oven and allow to cool before using or serving.

Last edited by Amarante on Thu, Dec 17 2015, 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

juggling

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 10:54 am
Looks interesting! I would love to see the recipe.

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 11:01 am
Nope doesn't work. If Yael fixes it, I'll post again as the recipe was good. It was turkey meatballs with thanksgiving like flavors with stuffing and cranberries. The Brussels sprouts were also interesting because they had apples roasted with them.

Lol. Favors not flies. Stupid autocorrect lol

Last edited by Amarante on Thu, Dec 17 2015, 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

juggling

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 11:06 am
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 lb. ground turkey
1 cup garlic croutons or stuffing cubes
1 cup dried cranberries
2 large eggs
1⁄4 cup bread crumbs
2 tbsp. chopped fresh sage
2 tsp. salt
Pinch of ground cinnamon
Instructions
Preheat the oven to 450

juggling

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 11:07 am
I googled it. Copy and pasted the beginning of the recipe. I can copy the rest, too, if anyone wants. But Google "gobble gobble balls" and you'll find it.

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 11:14 am
deleted because for some reason I could post the recipe now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey