Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
$20 gift for 3 year old girl?
1  2  Next

kiwi strawberry

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 1:57 pm
Anyone have a suggestion for a good $20 toy for a 3 year old girl? I saw a cute alphabet matching game on Amazon which was only $9.99. Something that can occupy a 3 year old for some time would be great.

boymom

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 1:58 pm
how about lots of colorful markers, stickers, tracers?

questioner

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 2:00 pm
a doll or doll stroller

kiwi strawberry

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 2:02 pm
boymom wrote:
how about lots of colorful markers, stickers, tracers?

She would like that, but stickers will get used up eventually and a game can last for much longer. I can buy her stickers for 99 cents here and there. This would be a gift from someone so I rather get a more specific thing so she knows this game or whatever is from Aunt x.

Last edited by kiwi strawberry on Thu, Dec 17 2015, 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

kiwi strawberry

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 2:03 pm
She has a bajillion dolls and one stroller, and while she would love another one I would not Very Happy

belovedaz

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 2:07 pm
Does she have someone who can sit and play with her? If yes then the old game pretty pretty princess it's terrific! Or get her some play mags- the fake magna tiles

kiwi strawberry

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 2:10 pm
belovedaz wrote:
Does she have someone who can sit and play with her? If yes then the old game pretty pretty princess it's terrific! Or get her some play mags- the fake magna tiles

Goodness I remember that game! But no, it would be mostly me! Which is why I would like a game or toy that she can play with basically on her own.

How good are playmags? You can't buy too many pieces with $20 anyway, can you? I would love to get her magnatiles but obviously that's way out of this budget.

I'm open to another kind of building toy though.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 2:15 pm
Remote control car
Train set
Cars with racetrack

My girls love these. Many are neutral-themed, not very boyish, and some are even girl-themed if she's a girly girl.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 2:16 pm
Dress up clothes

Raisin

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 2:17 pm
jigsaw puzzles? mitzvah kinder? wooden blocks are very cheap. a ride on toy?

watergirl

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 2:20 pm
I just got my almost 3 year old some Mr. Potato head stuff. He soends so much time on it.

kiwi strawberry

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 2:52 pm
Good ideas here, thank you!

Ideally I would like an educational toy (like alphabet matching Very Happy) or a building toy. Clicks, playsticks? Those are just names of building toys that I've heard of but don't know much about. But I like the train, mitzvah kinder, and Mr. (Mrs?) Potato Head ideas.

Mitzvah kinder reminded me of something I saw at Eichler's-it was like a kid aleph bais tablet where you could press each letter and it would say which one it is and it would have games like find the letter and also aleph bais songs. I don't remember how much it was, I think $20-30, but what do you think of that? Is that overkill with the digital technology for aleph bais?

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 3:40 pm
You can get pink mega blocks on amazon or toys r us for about 15-20. Economical, you can always add to it, and helps fuel creativity and building skills (all by herself!)

cbg

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 6:15 pm
Walgreens was selling magnetic tiles buy 1 get 1 free.
24 tiles for $20 plus another 24 tiles free.

singleagain

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 6:46 pm
This crazy sand stuff looks like so much fun, and its got a really interesting texture too

http://m.target.com/p/cra-z-sa.....aw.ds

kiwi strawberry

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 7:54 pm
cbg wrote:
Walgreens was selling magnetic tiles buy 1 get 1 free.
24 tiles for $20 plus another 24 tiles free.

Oh wait that's cool! Which Walgreens? Would they have it at any store?

I just thought of another idea- playdough. She has but they're getting old and hard and we can definitely use a new set. So many ideas, which to choose??

Lady Bug

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 8:04 pm
I have one of those electronic books from Eichlers and they're great. My kids can spend hours on it. They break pretty fast for the price though - it lasted less than a year for me.

kiwi strawberry

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 8:09 pm
You have the aleph bais one? It was a tablet that I saw, not a book, not that it matters.

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 8:23 pm
- Play dough fun factory - the set that includes other cutters and rollers, with play dough of course
- You say she has dolls and stroller but what about other accessories - high chair, food/dishes, cradle, clothes? Around this age kids graduate to more complex pretend play.
- I know you said no to arts n crafts supplies but I'd consider it anyway - even if it doesn't last forever they get SO much value out of it. If you want to make it more enduring you could buy some stuff and something lasting to put it in - like an art supplies caddy or a lap desk with storage.

singleagain

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 8:46 pm
kiwi strawberry wrote:

I just thought of another idea- playdough. She has but they're getting old and hard and we can definitely use a new set. So many ideas, which to choose??

The ezay sand thing I posted is like play dough, bit it doesn't dry out and it's very easy for any size fingers to mold and shape
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers