Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Dh is upset when I cook chicken...
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 8:54 pm
So my dh is really spoiled with dinners... he is upset every single time I cook chicken (bottoms) for dinner.. whether it's fresh on the stove or baked with a heaven sauce, he just won't touch it... I try to change up the dinners with cutlets-lots of types.. & steaks pretty often. I make chicken (bottoms) once in 10 days & still he wud be sour that entire evening. My kids love chicken, obviously it's the softest & leanest & I feel good that they eat it.. but I feel really bad when he comes home, looks in the oven & turns to crackers or anything he can see but the dinner I made.. bothers me terribly.. besides, I'm not gonna make him steak or cutlets in the same day I make the chicken.. I don't wanna spoil him to this & he totally won't poison himself from the chicken... just a lil vent...

tichellady

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 9:10 pm
I dont understand why you are upset that he does not eat something he does not like. I would be upset if my husband made something He knows I do not enjoy and then got annoyed when I did not eat it. Either:
1. stop making chicken bottoms
2. make them and make or defrost something else he likes as well
3. make the chicken bottoms and tell him earlier in the day to arrange his own dinner.

I personally would go with option 2

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 9:12 pm
consider cooking a whole chicken, op. the kids can have the bottoms.

groovy1224

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 9:18 pm
I think you both need to change your attitude. He needs too grow up, seriously. But I think it wouldn't hurt for you to also try to be a little more considerate..If he doesn't like it, what's he supposed to eat? Why can't you just have a second option for him? Doesn't have to be fancy..He can have leftovers from another night or make a sandwich, but coming home starving after a day at work and having to forage for crackers is enough to make anyone cranky.

Lani22

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 9:20 pm
My husband will also not eat chicken bottoms so when I make chicken I make a whole chicken and a package of bottoms so he can eat the white meat from.the whole chicken.

IMHopinion

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 9:24 pm
I don't get it. If your husband doesn't like bottoms don't cook them.
Once in 10 days is a lot to eat something you don't like.

Make cutlets in the same exact pan as you make bottoms for your children.
Add it an hour after you out the chicken to cook.

Or steak, turkey, veal, ground beef, etc.

You can serve fish or dairy more often too if those options are more expensive/ boring.

teddyb

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 9:25 pm
do you know HOW many suppers I dont make cause DH doesnt like it? Alot!

you can make bottoms for your kids (and yourself) and something else for him. do something easy for those nights. maybe prepare a bunch of chicken tops and freeze in single portions cooked or raw (I prefer raw and not reheated personally) and then heat up or cook on the days you want to make chicken bottoms.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 9:27 pm
amother wrote:
So my dh is really spoiled with dinners... he is pissed every single time I cook chicken (bottoms) for dinner..

He isn't spoiled because he doesn't care for chicken bottoms (by the way I hate this expression that I have only witnessed here on imamother - it's dark meat or legs). And of course he's pissed. You're serving him a dinner you already know he's going to hate. It's fine to make it for yourself and the kids. But can't you serve him something else? Even a simple sandwich would obviously be better received. Best idea would be to make a double portion of whatever you serve the night before so he can have that again while you enjoy your "bottoms".

morah

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 9:27 pm
Does he not like chicken bottoms but likes other parts of the chicken, or does he not like chicken at all? If the former, just cook the whole chicken, so he can have the parts he likes. If the latter, well, people are allowed to have food they don't like, there's nothing wrong or childish or spoiled about that. You know he doesn't like it, so either don't make it, or make sure there's something else available that he does eat. You KNOW he doesn't eat it, you can't just make it and then complain that he's upset about having nothing to eat.

amother
White

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 9:30 pm
You don't want to spoil him????
He's your husband; not your dog.
He deserves to be spoiled! You know he strongly dislikes it. You expect him to eat it anyways? Respect his preferences. Preplan that he gets something he likes. If you don't want to cook whole chickens, buy some white meat, freeze in portions, pull out a package to cook alongside the other chicken.

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 9:36 pm
I'm not understanding the issue. Most chicken recipes can be made with breasts and legs so just make a whole chicken. Either roast it whole, cu up yourself or but cut up. Or buy the number of breasts and legs you need for each person.

It's not unusual at all for sme people to prefer dark meat or white meat and this has an easy cure since he like white meat. Plenty of recipes use both or are interchangeable in terms of what is used with adjustment for cooking time.

Does he only eat boneless chicken breasts? Even that is really not an issue because you just throw in for the last 20 minutes or even just toss it with a simple marinade and wrap in tin foil and bake for 20 minutes.

Am I missing something?

mommyla

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 9:46 pm
He doesn't need to grow up. OP, do you make dinners that you don't like? When I make something that DH doesn't like, I make something that he does like too, or make sure that there's leftovers from the night before or something else from the freezer.

When he travels for business, the kids and I party with all the food he doesn't like!

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 9:51 pm
My husband doesn't like chicken bottoms. I just don't make em.

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 10:00 pm
I like dark meat, dh likes, white meat. I make a whole chicken and we divvy it up.

Plus, you can cut the meat off the breast, slice it thinly and lay it on rice with a sauce. It looks very fancy.

LittleRed

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 10:05 pm
Everyone is being so hard on the OP! Whether or not she should find a proactive solution, it's frustrating to not be able to make one thing for everyone. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it annoying that between everyone's food preferences there are very few dinners that the whole family will eat happily. We all know what it's like tired and busy and not feel like catering to multiple needs.

trixx

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 10:09 pm
(Chicken "bottoms" bc that's what it says on kosher packages)

OP my dh says he hates ground meat.. There goes meatballs, tacos, sloppy Joes, meat lasagna, stuffed meat shells, Shepherd pie Oh I can go on and on... Besides for more expensive cuts, all I can make is chicken breast, salmon and even chicken bottoms rarely as he'll eat it but isn't a big fan. One day when the house is full of kids I can make whatever I want and then stick in some shnitzel for him, until then, no ground meat in my life anymore.

teddyb

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 10:13 pm
trixx wrote:
(Chicken "bottoms" bc that's what it says on kosher packages)

OP my dh says he hates ground meat.. There goes meatballs, tacos, sloppy Joes, meat lasagna, stuffed meat shells, Shepherd pie Oh I can go on and on... Besides for more expensive cuts, all I can make is chicken breast, salmon and even chicken bottoms rarely as he'll eat it but isn't a big fan. One day when the house is full of kids I can make whatever I want and then stick in some shnitzel for him, until then, no ground meat in my life anymore.

yup my husband doesnt go for ground meat either (except for burgers but he insists its different) and he doesnt like milchigs either...

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 10:14 pm
No one else is disgusted by the title?

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 10:19 pm
How about some whole boned out turkey breasts there are lots of things you can do with it.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 10:21 pm
How about no fish, no dairy, no ground beef, no pastas... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

When he's not home I party with pasta and dairy!!!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette