Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Dh is upset when I cook chicken...
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

justforfun87

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 10:34 pm
My husband is a snob about pasta with sauce and cheese. Of course it is my favorite dinner in the whole world. I don't make it anymore, the least I can do.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 10:40 pm
I know someone whose husband won't eat a vegetable, raw or cooked. She pretty much makes chicken or fish with potatoes or rice every night.

I know someone whose husband won't eat chicken on the bone, not bottom and not tops. She's left with cutlets or ground chicken and lots of fish because he doesn't eat meat either.

Most wives cook what their husbands like, and if they want their kids to have something else, they'll do that in addition.

lifesagift

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 10:50 pm
I would love the recipe for your heaven sauce, tho....

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 10:53 pm
I think you are all being a little harsh on the OP.

Being a wife doesn't mean being a short order cook. Once in a while she can make something she likes even if he doesn't and he can eat a sandwich.

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 10:54 pm
Must you be vulgar? "Peeved" is an excellent, socially acceptable, monosyllabic term that conveys the idea of annoyance without the vulgarity.

DrMom

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 10:55 pm
Wow, you folks sure eat a lot of meat.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 11:02 pm
Whole chicken in my house... dh likes tops. He really doenst like bottoms although your dh reaction does sound over the top, but you probably should have another option for him somehow (leftovers, something else thrown in that you can freeze in individial packs),
Does he like wings? My dh actually likes those and they are easy.
Op, would you mind editing your title. It is a bit unrefined and your word choice is generally not the kind used on here.

momx6

Post Thu, Dec 17 2015, 11:10 pm
amother wrote:
No one else is disgusted by the title?

Op. Please change the wording of the TITLE! Thank you

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Dec 18 2015, 12:53 am
Op here, I'm really sorry I didn't express myself clearly with 2 things.

First, with chicken bottoms I meant chicken as a whole.. not the bottoms or tops.
Second, I wudnt say he doesn't like it as much as he's spoiled. & I'm to blame for it. I used to make him steaks & diff kinda meats way too often but now that my kids r toddler age, theyre officially included in my suppers & I hafta make it once a while..

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Dec 18 2015, 1:03 am
Op here, wow! Ur all so fired up against me & some if not most posts r literally attacking me & asking me to change title??!! Seriously?
Obviously I was fired up when I wrote that title but I don't think I'm being offensive to anyone. He used to eat chicken & now he kinda turns it away & I kept explaining to him that I make it for the kids & I wud make it much more had he not been particular about it. I think cooking 2 types of meats every day is insane for someone that isn't allergic nor does he hate it.. he's just become picky about this lately. If I start serving 2 types of dinners every day I won't b able to keep up with that all the time.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Dec 18 2015, 1:09 am
LittleRed wrote:
Everyone is being so hard on the OP! Whether or not she should find a proactive solution, it's frustrating to not be able to make one thing for everyone. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it annoying that between everyone's food preferences there are very few dinners that the whole family will eat happily. We all know what it's like tired and busy and not feel like catering to multiple needs.

Thanks. My words exactly.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Dec 18 2015, 1:24 am
amother wrote:
Op here, wow! Ur all so fired up against me & some if not most posts r literally attacking me & asking me to change title??!! Seriously?
Obviously I was fired up when I wrote that title but I don't think I'm being offensive to anyone. He used to eat chicken & now he kinda turns it away & I kept explaining to him that I make it for the kids & I wud make it much more had he not been particular about it. I think cooking 2 types of meats every day is insane for someone that isn't allergic nor does he hate it.. he's just become picky about this lately. If I start serving 2 types of dinners every day I won't b able to keep up with that all the time.

For some of us it's unusual to have meat every day of the week even if it's broken up with fish once in a while.

JenniferK

Post Fri, Dec 18 2015, 1:50 am
I. Absolutely. Hate. Chicken. Bottoms.

No one can force me to eat it. Ever. If it's served by a wedding I'd rather starve. I personally think the bottoms are still alive.

That being said, my Dh and kids have it 1ce a week, minimum. Although he gets upset when I make because I don't eat dinner that night.

I learnt to juggle it. I buy a few pks, bake and freeze it. I make pepper steak in the crock pot and add chicken strips for the kids. I saute onions, cook the chicken bottoms and add ready frozen meatball mixture for the last half hour. I can go on and on.

Protein is essential. It has to be part of everyone's diet.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Dec 18 2015, 2:04 am
Jewishmommy2 wrote:

Protein is essential. It has to be part of everyone's diet.

Very true and it doesn't need to come from animals.

imasoftov

Post Fri, Dec 18 2015, 4:29 am
amother wrote:
First, with chicken bottoms I meant chicken as a whole.. not the bottoms or tops.

?

Raisin

Post Fri, Dec 18 2015, 4:35 am
my husband is not a big chicken fan either. He only really likes the breast, boneless. I make it once a week for shabbos and cut of the skin and bone for him. I repurpose leftover chicken in into pot pie or something and give any other leftover pieces to kids or freeze for soup.

For me, whole chicken is friday night dinner. Other nights we have fish, chicken breast, chopped meat, lentils, pasta, tofu.

Me and the kids LOVE lamb chops and my husband hates them. So sometimes I make lambchops and something else for my husband.

vicki

Post Fri, Dec 18 2015, 4:52 am
I'm with the OP 100%. Being a parent means more time focusing on the kids' needs and favorites, healthy yet quick meals and pity on the poor Mom if she is the one doing the cooking.
I am lucky that my dh doesn't care what I make. I often cook his favorites but I sometimes do one of mine, knowing he will have left over chicken soup for dinner. Which he does with a smile.
As she said, she really isn't a short order cook. In my opinion, to expect her to cook x 2 on those occasions that he isn't crazy about the menu is nutty.

Similar to whoever drives chooses the radio station, whoever cooks, well, gets a wide berth on what is for dinner. (obviously assuming everyone is given some consideration over time)

Ruchel

Post Fri, Dec 18 2015, 4:54 am
Heh. You cook. You can choose the menu. Try to have a side or something he likes, but... he doesn't get to be pissed that every 10 days you cook something he doesn't like. Same for KID, yes.

Sadie

Post Fri, Dec 18 2015, 5:44 am
I've never heard the term chicken bottoms or chicken tops outside of imamother. I always heard either breast, leg, wing or light meat/dark meat.

When I google "chicken bottoms" all the top results are imamother posts, followed by a Yeshiva World News post, then a bunch of kosher cooking sites. Is "chicken bottoms" a frummy thing?

What on earth is a chicken bottom?

Iymnok

Post Fri, Dec 18 2015, 5:53 am
Sadie wrote:
I've never heard the term chicken bottoms or chicken tops outside of imamother. I always heard either breast, leg, wing or light meat/dark meat.

When I google "chicken bottoms" all the top results are imamother posts, followed by a Yeshiva World News post, then a bunch of kosher cooking sites. Is "chicken bottoms" a frummy thing?

What on earth is a chicken bottom?

The bottom half. As it the thigh and leg, dark meat.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette