Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo frog bassinet question

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 3:06 pm
I have a bugaboo frog without the bassient attachment. Just the main frame and seat.

If on ebay I buy the bassinet do I also need a frame or does it go onto the seat frame.

For example - if a posting describes these parts do I need an additional frame or is this sufficient:
BASSINET FABRIC, MATTRESS, BOARD, SLEEPING BAG

Thanks

Ahuva's Mommy

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 3:13 pm
The frame is the same for both.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 7:00 pm
That's all you need.

sourstix

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 7:09 pm
uch I hate seeing pp buying such expensive carriages. I get nauseous seeing the word bugaboo.....whats the point? you can get good carriages for so muchless. why the mishigas?

Fave

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 7:11 pm
sourstix wrote:
uch I hate seeing pp buying such expensive carriages. I get nauseous seeing the word bugaboo.....whats the point? you can get good carriages for so muchless. why the mishigas?

She didn't ask for an opinion if she should get this brand

happyfaces

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 7:37 pm
sourstix wrote:

She didn't ask if she should buy it or not! Nothing compares to the bugaboo!

To op the base is for the bassinet as well as the sit.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 8:56 pm
Thanks for the feedback.

I bought it at a yard sale. It looks brand new for much less money then a bottom of the barrel Graco at Target. (BTW I love Graco carriages as a car carriage that doubles as a snap and go and plan on buying one).

I HATE the carriage. It is huge, heavy and cumbersome. Folding it is a pain, everything about it is a pain. The foot rest is so poorly designed. the legs can't even lie flat in the reclining position. My 2 year old was to big to fit in it. It has been sitting in my basement untouched for the past 2 years. I also hate the logo on it, I am embarrassed to push it.

However, I'm having a baby soon and don't have any carriage at this point. I thought having the bassinet may be a nice feature because I live in a 2 story house and this way the baby can sleep in it down stairs and when I have to go out to the bus or playgroup pickup I can just use the same sleeping arrangement. I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to pour more money into it. (around $45 with shipping from ebay).

I did try selling the stroller once - I'm in Lakewood and listed it for triple what I paid, and got a lot of requests to come by, but no one ever showed, maybe my small house threw them off, and I got tired of being on top of it)

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 9:17 pm
I had a graco for 7 yrs. I loved loved loved it. I didnt care what boro parkers thought. I think they are all wasting their money. I feel sorry for thier husbands. having to copy their friends and everyone around them. its sad. why are you embarrassed to go with a carriage that you paid with your own money, you didnt steal it. its a fine carriage. it has great parts to it. I see tons of non jews using it. only the bprs' seem to think its below their dignity to use it. it disgusts me. the entire mentality is sick. newly weds with tiny babies, having a carriage worth a 1000$. come on we all know the parents bought it. I would be embarrassed that I would have a dh sitting in kollel and I have zero money and walking around with this.
all of these women doing this all know who they are. I am not speak ing to those who have the money. thats what they are made for. but the poor. the kollel people? who are you fooling.
this isnt for those who are buying it on ebay and paying a fraction of the price. uch. I hate boro park mentality. glad I am not there anymore.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 9:29 pm
This thread is amusing me in a kind of dark humor type of way. The op asked a simple question, and in response there are posters bashing bugaboos, kpllel couples, and even the whole boro park. FTR, I just bought myself a second bugaboo, paid for with my own money, gasp. I happen to love it. It's gorgeous and it gives me incentive to walk everywhere instead of drive. My first bugaboo was bought as a gift from my grandmother. I was a newlywed and didn't have much money. I hope you can forgive me for that terrible sin.

happyfaces

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 9:48 pm
Sorry everyone. If you dont need it to fold into a car then nothing compares to the bugaboo. I LOVE LOVE MY BUGABOO! No, not for the look or brand. But for the comfort and easy wheeling. I can actually run with it without feeling like Im pushing a carriage.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 9:48 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.

I bought it at a yard sale. It looks brand new for much less money then a bottom of the barrel Graco at Target. (BTW I love Graco carriages as a car carriage that doubles as a snap and go and plan on buying one).

I HATE the carriage. It is huge, heavy and cumbersome. Folding it is a pain, everything about it is a pain. The foot rest is so poorly designed. the legs can't even lie flat in the reclining position. My 2 year old was to big to fit in it. It has been sitting in my basement untouched for the past 2 years. I also hate the logo on it, I am embarrassed to push it.

However, I'm having a baby soon and don't have any carriage at this point. I thought having the bassinet may be a nice feature because I live in a 2 story house and this way the baby can sleep in it down stairs and when I have to go out to the bus or playgroup pickup I can just use the same sleeping arrangement. I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to pour more money into it. (around $45 with shipping from ebay).

I did try selling the stroller once - I'm in Lakewood and listed it for triple what I paid, and got a lot of requests to come by, but no one ever showed, maybe my small house threw them off, and I got tired of being on top of it)

$45 total for the bassinet sounds like a great deal so you can have extra stroller with a fully equipped bassinet.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 11:45 pm
mommy2b2c wrote:
This thread is amusing me in a kind of dark humor type of way. The op asked a simple question, and in response there are posters bashing bugaboos, kpllel couples, and even the whole boro park. FTR, I just bought myself a second bugaboo, paid for with my own money, gasp. I happen to love it. It's gorgeous and it gives me incentive to walk everywhere instead of drive. My first bugaboo was bought as a gift from my grandmother. I was a newlywed and didn't have much money. I hope you can forgive me for that terrible sin.

I have 3 bugaboo's if you don't want to be my friend because of it that's ok too!! I'm amother anyway oh well...

I love me bugaboo's and all!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics