Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Vent

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 4:01 pm
DD has her chumash play this Sunday. Last night I got a call from the class mother asking if I'm planning to send in the $25 for gifts for the teachers and girls.

Why the teachers need gifts for doing their jobs, I don't know. This is after the school collected $30 per student for chanukah gelt for the teachers mind you. But that's a topic for another rant.

What's bugging me is that the phone call was the first I heard about the collection and I was told it was the last day to send in the money. I was confused and said so. Apparently the original communication only went out over Whats App, which I don't have. I don't know much about it, but can't you see how many people are in your group? Wouldn't it be obvious that not every parent in the class was part of it? What happened to sending home notes in student's folders or *gasp* calling people up?

/rant

Chayalle

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 4:05 pm
Not fair to have a group if not everyone is on it and not communicate an other way.

What sort of gift is for the girls?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 9:34 pm
I don't know.

Last year after the siddur play the girls got hair bows in the school colors.

happybeingamom

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 10:48 pm
I thought the siddur was the present?

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 10:58 pm
happybeingamom wrote:
I thought the siddur was the present?

ITA. Why would they give the girls a gift, the siddur is supposed to be the gift?

In my girls' school they collect a few dollars from each mother for a gift for the teacher, I think it was like two or three dollars.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children