Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How do you keep corner cabinets organized?

nursemomma

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 9:56 am
Know those annoying corner cabinets?? How do I keep it organized? No matter what I do, it just looks like one big mess Confused ...any tips or ideas?

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 10:00 am
We bought a hinge with two joints. We are able to get both doors attached to each other and the space is now easy to access.

nursemomma

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 10:08 am
amother wrote:
We bought a hinge with two joints. We are able to get both doors attached to each other and the space is now easy to access.

Thanks. I'm referring to the type of caninet that has one door but then once you get in, is more triangular shaped (top cabinet btw).

Optione

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 10:11 am
We bought a corner cabinet shelf (triangle-ish shaped). You can get one at lowes, sometimes Burlington or marshalls, and amazon.

cm

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 10:39 am
Turntables ("lazy Susan")

sky

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 10:49 am
I have 2 of those (one door top cabinet, 2 doors on the bottom cabinets).

One side has a lazy susan and one side just has shelves.

The lazy susan has less storage area but it is easy to see almost everything and the shelves are more disorganized and harder to find stuff but store much more. I use lots of baskets on the shelves to make it easier to pull out items at one time.
the lazy susan cannot store big or heavy items but it is perfect for spices, baking ingredients, condiments.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 11:09 am
nursemomma wrote:
Thanks. I'm referring to the type of caninet that has one door but then once you get in, is more triangular shaped (top cabinet btw).

My mom had a huge 3 shelf lazy susan professionally installed when she did her kitchen eons ago. It takes up the full cabinet and is used for things like spices, vitamins and tea bags. It's a wonderful use of space.
Her second top corner cabinet has regular shelves and she uses it for items that are not heavily used in the kitchen, as it's hard to reach things and keep them neat. But she didn't need 2 full lazy susans for small items.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 11:34 am
I only use the cabinets for items I dont use often....such as one shelf high up has phone books,
One shelf has all the Shabbos Party Nosh
The cabinets on the bottom....the corner triangular ones, houses my husband's booze and the other one has my potatoes and onions...
It's hard to use it as a daily cabinet because it's too deep and things would get lost in there...I do like it to store all my chometz dishes when Pesach comes...it all squeezes in to those corner cabinets, it's great

nursemomma

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 12:48 pm
Thanks everyone for the replies! I guess a lazy Susan is my best bet, but was hoping for some ingenious idea Wink !

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 1:27 pm
ra_mom wrote:
My mom had a huge 3 shelf lazy susan professionally installed when she did her kitchen eons ago. It takes up the full cabinet and is used for things like spices, vitamins and tea bags. It's a wonderful use of space.
Her second top corner cabinet has regular shelves and she uses it for items that are not heavily used in the kitchen, as it's hard to reach things and keep them neat. But she didn't need 2 full lazy susans for small items.

They have lazy susans with paisley shapes for more access.

SingALong

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 1:30 pm
Lazy Susan's.
Also I keep rarely used items on the upper shelves like my more elegant serving dishes that need a bigger shelf but difficult to maneuver so I store them there.

sky

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 1:36 pm
amother wrote:
They have lazy susans with paisley shapes for more access.

For a one door cabinet you shouldn't need a paisley shape, a round shape would give more space. I could see using that in a cabinet with a 2 door setup where it cuts into part of the shelf.

mommyla

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 1:40 pm
There's something called a Super Susan that is designed for corner cabinets. But it may not be the best option for an upper cabinet... Can you reach the top shelves easily? Otherwise, if you can spare the space, use the higher shelves for things you don't use that often (works well for long trays and other oddly-shaped things) and put a Super Susan on the lower shelf/shelves.

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 3:20 pm
I have none, thank G-d, but all the home decorating-and-organizing experts recommend turntables aka lazy Susans. (Who was Susan and what did she do to deserve having her slothfulness immortalized in this way?)

nature

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 11:51 pm
I used to do spices in my corner cabinet, but found that they would fall down as it spun around. Now I use the upper part for pots. And the lower for the lids. Works great for me.

sky

Post Thu, Dec 24 2015, 9:14 am
I keep my spices in baskets on the lazy susan, they seem to hold them pretty well.
I tried at one time looking for baskets shaped 'round' into 1/4 cresents to fit better but never found so there is a lot of dead space.

I did find this, but much more then I would spend.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....65NGI
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics