Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
ISO recipe - salmon patties/croquettes, can they be baked?

seeker

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 12:26 am
I am not a fish eater, at all. But I'm trying to help my family eat fish because it is so healthy. Both of my kids have recently become quite picky. Now only one eats gefilte fish, which is ok because DH and I are starting to think that probably isn't the healthiest anyway, and the other only sometimes eats a drop of salmon or a little tuna salad in a sandwich.

So I had this great idea to try something new for Shabbos this week. Bought a couple of cans of salmon. Now I need a kid-friendly, healthy recipe to make with them.

But because I actually quite hate fish myself, and also hate doing anything labor-intensive on erev shabbos, is there a way to bake these things? I have always seen them fried in the past.

Thanks in advance for your help Smile

yogabird

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 12:59 am
I've make baked samburgers. 1 large can salmon, skinned and deboned, half an onion, an egg or two, matzah meal or breadcrumbs, process in food processor, roll into balls, flatten into patties, spray with PAM on both sides, bake at 375 for half hour.

Though to be honest, everyone around here likes them better fried.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 1:32 am
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....r=asc

Or you can do a salmon quiche

simcha2

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 9:53 am
I do a similar recipe to yogabird, but add sauteed onion and celery. Also bake in a sprayed muffin pan....Just spoon in and pat down. They all come out the same size and I don't have to touch the fish...

seeker

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 10:16 am
thank you for that absolutely brilliant tip. But is it going to make my muffin tin smell like fish?

penguin

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 10:17 am
The more cornflake/bread crumbs on the outside, and of course, Pam, the crispier.

I sometimes put some oil on my parchment paper (or in muffin tins, good idea!) and heat it. Then put your patties that you've rolled in crumbs. Then spray w Pam or drizzle oil or a dab of coconut oil.

If I'm in the mood I turn them over to get more crispy.

simcha2

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 10:21 am
Seeker...I use disposable tins...but you could use paper liners if you are worried

simcha2

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 10:28 am
Seeker...I use disposable tins...but you could use paper liners if you are worried

seeker

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 2:45 pm
Thanks all. Last emergency before shabbos question: are these meant to be served warm or cold?

simcha2

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 3:16 pm
Either way, though think warm is better. Shabbat Shalom
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics