Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
CROCK POT TURKEY BREAST WITH CRANBERRY SAUCE

Amarante

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 1:01 pm
This was exceptionally tasty for a crockpot recipe. Many times the end product is just a mess but this had enough interesting flavors so that all the tam didn't get cooked out. Also the brining helped permeate breast with flavor.

I couldn't find kosher raspberry liqueur so I subbed blackberry. I think any fruit liqueur would work. Maybe even Cherry Heering which I haven't seen for years? And traditional Manischevitz is probably sweet enough. Very Happy Very Happy

CROCK POT TURKEY BREAST WITH CRANBERRY SAUCE

This turkey breast is brined for 24 hours and slow cooked for another 4-8 hours for a wonderfully flavorful and crazy juicy piece of meat, all cooked on top of a cranberry sauce that makes itself in the slow cooker.

Serves: 8-14

INGREDIENTS

BRINE

6 c. water
1 cups white wine
3 cups orange juice
⅔ c. table salt
⅔ c. brown sugar
¼ cup grated ginger
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
6 sprigs fresh thyme
TURKEY

5-8 lb Turkey Breast
1 Tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground mustard
½ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. garlic powder
CRANBERRY SAUCE

(12-ounce) bag frozen cranberries
¼ c. grated ginger
1 Tbsp. orange zest
1⅓ cup brown sugar
½ cup orange juice
1 c. water
3 Tbsp flour
¼ c. Chambord (black raspberry liqueur)
½ tsp. salt

INSTRUCTIONS
Combine all of the brine ingredients in a 2 gallon bag or large non-reactive container. Stir well so all of the salt and sugar is dissolved. Add the turkey to the brine and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.

Drain and rinse the turkey breast and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the turkey with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and spices.

Whisk the water and flour together until smooth and add to the remaining cranberry sauce ingredients in a 5-8 quart Crock Pot. Set your turkey on top of the cranberries and cook for 4-8 hours on low until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165°. Your cooking time will depend on the size of your turkey and temperature of your Crock Pot.

Cooking time will vary depending on a size of breast and your slow cooker. Some cookers are hotter than others even on low.

TIP: If you are stressed about getting your turkey done in time for the meal, feel free to start it an hour or two before you think you should. To reheat the meat for the meal, put the turkey, along with some chicken broth back in the Crock Pot 30-45 minutes before the meal to reheat it.

Last edited by Amarante on Fri, Dec 25 2015, 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 1:44 pm
Sounds delicious! What is ginger paste?

Amarante

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 1:50 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Sounds delicious! What is ginger paste?

It's pre-grated fresh ginger. I didn't used as I always have fresh ginger frozen and it's easy to grate. I just edited it so that it is for fresh grated ginger and if someone wanted to sub pre-grated, they can.

It sounds like a lot of ginger, but slow cooking takes a lot of flavor out of food so you use more than you might than in a quickly cooked recipe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey