Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Putting stuff away

Beingreal

Post Sun, Dec 27 2015, 10:56 pm
How do you put your kids clean laundry away and work at the same time? I don't have a lot of hours in the morning before I go to work and when I get home I take care of the kids and then they are asleep.....what do I do? It just keeps piling up....

srbmom

Post Sun, Dec 27 2015, 11:09 pm
How old are your kids?
I fold everything in the playroom and leave it in piles on the floor.
In the morning they take it and put it in their drawers. Anything that needs to be hung up I'll do, but it doesn't take too long.

zaq

Post Sun, Dec 27 2015, 11:45 pm
Get up earlier.

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 12:55 am
Same way you do anything else... you cram it into your schedule any which way and when it doesn't fit you let it go.

Beingreal

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 2:04 am
My kids are 2 and 4....Thanks for the idea about folding in a separate room. ...

pointyshoes

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 5:25 am
After they're in bed. Make time every evening or every other evening depending on your needs

saw50st8

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 6:51 am
I put laundry away after they are asleep.

Beingreal

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 11:02 am
Do they wake up?

glamourmom

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 11:11 am
l fold in a different room and then put away once they are aslp. do not turn on the light or talk on the phone while you're in their room and they shouldn't wake up.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 11:18 am
I don't, we just pick our clothes out of the clean pile every morning Twisted Evil I'm one of those people who doesn't bother making beds either.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 11:29 am
me too

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 11:49 am
I fold in my dining room. Sometimes whilst we wait for supper to be ready or if I have some extra time in the morning they help me put it all away.

Otherwise I do it on Friday night after I light candles. It has to be done so I can sit on my couch (the rest of the week we are not really in there).
If we have guests my dh and I put it away together extra quietly whilst they sleep.

whirlwind

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 2:21 pm
Are you concerned with finding time to fold? Finding time to put the folded laundry in the drawers in a way that won't disturb them? What exactly are you having trouble with? Just trying to understand so I can offer suggestions.
Personally I have 4 kids and work. I fold in the basement and have a system where each person's clothing gets divided into its own bin right after coming out of the dryer. I fold one bin at a time. Older kids take their bins up, put clothes away, bring bins back down. I or dh bring up our bins along with linen/towels bin, hanging bin, and bin for youngest who can't do it on his own. I've had other systems in the past when kids were younger or we lived in a small apartment. Would be happy to give other ideas if you can give more specifics about your situation.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 3:25 pm
I have everyone going downstairs to the guestroom (which is the closest room off the laundry room) where there are piles and piles of clean laundry...they have to pick through it to find something to wear until I get around to it , usually Friday and Sunday embarrassed

As long as it's clean that's what counts... Wink

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 3:33 pm
I also fold on the dining room table and put it away whenever I get to it like in the morning while the kids are eating breakfast (if I can be spared then Smile ) or during bedtime or when they're asleep or Friday before I set the table.

mha3484

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 3:36 pm
Half the time kid laundry stays in the hamper the other half I fold it on Motzei Shab, sunday or after work. I try to do his laundry on Sundays for the week so that I have time to fold and put away but it doesn't always work out.

Beingreal

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 9:00 pm
I like some of your suggestions. ..thank you!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 10:37 pm
If you do laundry daily or every other day may work better for your family size, it won't pile up. One clean basket, one dirty basket. Stuff gets taken out of clean basket, worn, put in dirty.

What works for me, with a larger family, is doing one room a day so everyone's clothing is done once a week. I just got 6 small baskets for my kids for me to sort into (larger baskets are for transporting clothing to and from laundry room). So now my kids at least have sorted clean clothing. Folding will be addressed at a future date hopefully. We're running on survival mode right now, and I'm happy enough with clothing in baskets vs on the floor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics