Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Kosher caterer to deliver to non-kosher wedding

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 6:42 pm
A close relative will be getting married in NYC (Manhattan) next month, and the food at the wedding will not be kosher. The relative has graciously agreed to let us find a kosher caterer or restaurant that will provide double-wrapped food that can be heated up for my family at the venue.

The wedding will be extremely high-class and money is not an issue, so we are looking for a place that will provide delicious food and classy presentation. Through preliminary research, I've come up with Lou G Siegel's, Abigael's, and Le Marais. Does anybody have any experience using any of these places for a similar situation, or do you have any other recommendations for places you've used for something like this?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 8:58 pm
On a side note make sure the weddings caterers know how do deal with your food. Confirm that your food was delivered sealed.

A frum guy sued an hotel for serving him a treif sandwich when his kosher order didnt show up. They lied about it and said they mistakenly removed the packaging.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 9:47 pm
http://www.levana.com/

DH used to get meals from Levana's when he had to attend work functions at fancy restaurants.

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 6:31 am
Abigael's definitely is accustomed to taking an order to deliver meals to non-kosher venues including hotels and offices. They provided proper china and cutlery (I didn't ask for stemware as they're used for cold beverages anyway). The only thing I forgot to organise was accompanying wine (if this is relevant and if you are planning to have one with the meals).

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 7:51 am
Foremost catered does this all the time. Alternatively, you should ask the event coordinator at the wedding venue who they usually use for this purpose; most high end venues already have a relationship with a kosher caterer of the high end version that they use all the time for this purpose. You can ask your relative for the contact info of the coordinator of the affai and speak to them directly. The best bet is to use who they are familiar with so there is less room for error.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics