Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Having chashuv company for sleeping only

bargainlover

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 6:42 pm
I am having a chashiv rav and rebetzin stay by me for sleeping because theit daughter lives near me. I will not be home for shabbos. What should I leave out and or prepare for them? Want to make as nice as possible....

imasinger

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 6:59 pm
Tizku l'mitzvos!

How about:

A welcome note, detailing where things are that they might possibly want or need. Include your contact info, and make it clear that you would like to hear from them with any questions.

If they are arriving before Shabbos, towels and details about the shower, a basket in the room with some nosh, some water bottles, a basket in the bathroom with any supplies that they might have forgotten to pack.

Be sure there are nicely set up beds and pillows, and room for them to hang their clothing, and place their luggage.

You can set up an urn for them, and consider preparing a light snack, or directing them to some fruit, should they desire.

And, permit me to offer this one thought, not meaning to imply that you would do anything otherwise. As you do this, keep in mind that any and every guest is worthy of the same treatment as the ones that come with the label of "chashuv". Whatever you are doing this time, keep in mind for the future for other occasions.

nyer1

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 8:18 pm
I once stayed by someone that I never met and they weren't home for shabbos... the following things were done in the house and I will never forget it

in the bedroom where we slept was a set of towels and water bottles
there was a note that told us where extra linen and blankets and towels were in case we needed it. she also told us where all of the toys were.
she left out instant coffee and tea and hot water for us inthe kitchen. she also left us fresh homemade pastries and told us to enjoy!! I loved the note -- she really made us feel at home.

bargainlover

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 12:03 am
Wow these are great ideas! Thanks so much! Her daughter really lives very close by so do I have to leave candles and an urn out?

tigerwife

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 12:21 am
bargainlover wrote:
Wow these are great ideas! Thanks so much! Her daughter really lives very close by so do I have to leave candles and an urn out?

I would. Especially the urn, they might want that first cup of coffee home.

Tizku L'mitzvos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics