Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Neighbors

MrsLeo

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 12:29 pm
I live in a small 6 family building and everyone has kids. There is a small hallway when you come in to get to the stairway and everyone keeps their carriages there. There are signs all over the walls saying that the hallway must be kept clear because people cant get thru and its a fire hazard, but noone pays any attention to them. They dont even fold the carriages, they just leave them open so when I'm coming in with groceries I have to hold the groceries all the way over the carriages to get by. My husband complained to the neighbors but they each have their own excuse. One night my husband folded all the carriages cuz he couldnt get thru with his things wen he got home and an hour later they were all open again.
What can I do to get them to AT LEAST fold their carriages?

brooklyn

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 12:44 pm
I would tell you what I would do but I would only get nasty replies. People are just inconsiderate to others, unfortunately nothing new in certain areas.

red sea

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 1:00 pm
What about the landlord enforcing the rule?

Mrs. XYZ

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 1:47 pm
red sea wrote:
What about the landlord enforcing the rule?

If the landlord is living there, (and has kids) she probably does it too!!
If they dont live there, why should they care?

Just wondering how do all the others manage? how do they pass with packages?

rainbow

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 8:22 pm
Could you have a heart-to-heart talk with your neighbors explaining how difficult it is for you to pass through?

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Aug 13 2007, 10:13 am
knock on their doors and ask for help with your packages every time until they start to fold the strollers. you can ask the landlord to deal with it, if you don't want to on your own. if it is a fire hazard, the landlord is responsible. if the landlord ignores you, threaten to contact the fire dept about it. I find the only way of getting my landlord to do anything is threatening to withold rent (which I actually did once when they refused to fix the roof) or to let them know that I have lawyers in the family (who are both retired, but still...) of course, right now I have cheapo landlords, but in my first apt I had one who took care of any safety issues right away. I hope you are blessed with one of those...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette