Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Good website for baby carriages and car seats?
1  2  Next

fbc

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 8:47 am
Anyone know of one? Obv, I'm knew to this Smile will do my research about whether products have been recalled or not, but I need to know where to start looking! Baby due end of next month, so would like to start keeping my eyes open for these things (altho I will not be buying until I need it). Any info appreciated! Or if there's a specific carriage you like lemme know which so I can look it up! I'm looking for something not too bulky, easy enough to fold up and easy enough to open, preferable one that comes with a car seat thing. Basket on bottom would be nice too. Handles not too high, so my arms won't start to hurt. Something a bit stylish (doesn't have to be the biggest in thing, I don't care to spend for a name like buggaboo or anything, but don't want it to be bulky and hopelessly out of style!) smooth ride, something to block baby in case of lots of sunshine or bad weather. And of course, something safe, which is why I'll do my extra research. Thanks!

Smile1234

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 9:14 am
Does Citi mini interest you?

Why not first pick something that you want and then look for the place that has the best price. I can't imagine that there is one website that's cheapest for all carriages and car seats.

My recent experience was I chose the (double) stroller I wanted based on research/speaking to ppl etc... looked around online and called a few stores. Ended up ordering from Picolino in Lkwd, they had the best price (compared to some places by a $100 and some by only $10 or $20).

pumpernickle

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 10:03 am
Albeebaby.com

prestige

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 10:54 am
Strollerdeot.com

When u call speak to Ryan he usually gives very good deals.
He gave me 135 off of my bugaboo bee

gande

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 12:27 pm
From your description, it seems like you would like the bugaboo bee. It is wildly popular in my community, for a good reason. Once you decide what you want you can google for the best price. Amazon has a program in which you create a registry and when you buy the stuff you get 15% off one transaction. Another option is to buy from a store in lakewood such as picollino or pishposhbaby since they might not charge tax.

twogees

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 12:41 pm
what about the britax travel system? similar to the citi mini but comes with a car seat as well

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 12:54 pm
gande wrote:
From your description, it seems like you would like the bugaboo bee. It is wildly popular in my community, for a good reason. Once you decide what you want you can google for the best price. Amazon has a program in which you create a registry and when you buy the stuff you get 15% off one transaction. Another option is to buy from a store in lakewood such as picollino or pishposhbaby since they might not charge tax.

Why won't they charge tax? It's illegal. And if they don't charge it, you as the customer are required, AFAIK, to submit the paperwork and pay the government yourself!!

kiwi strawberry

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 1:30 pm
Burlington Coat Factory doesn't have a great website but they do have good prices. They don't carry high end brand baby gear but if you're looking to get a standard car seat, pack n play or other similar baby gear they often have better prices than most other places for graco and other similar brands. B'sha'ah tova and happy shopping Smile

fbc

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 1:42 pm
Thanks everyone I'll check it all out! I get scared when I hear the name bugaboo...$$$$$$

twogees

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 1:51 pm
try buybuybaby and amazon

yidisheh mama

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 1:56 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
Why won't they charge tax? It's illegal. And if they don't charge it, you as the customer are required, AFAIK, to submit the paperwork and pay the government yourself!!

I was under the impression that if you buy something in a different state you don't need to pay sales tax to that state. A few years back, my NJ bro in law bought something in a big chain store in NY, and when he showed his ID they didn't charge tax.

ray family

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 2:35 pm
if youre a first time buyer, I strongly recommend going down to a store w/ a large selection. see feel play w/ the products till you find s/t you like. then you can go online and look for good deals.
b'shaa tova

Tekky

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 2:43 pm
LittleDucky wrote:

They pay it for you - chill out little ducky.

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 2:53 pm
LittleDucky wrote:

They're based in NJ and there is no tax when shipping out of state to NY.

mmyy

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 4:29 pm
Diapers.com are very good and if you chet with then they give you very good service and discounts sometimes

fbc

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 6:52 pm
So I found a carriage that I love, and a car seat. They are not from same company, don't go together. I can't find a car seat that goes with the carriage I like. Is it completely crazy to do that? Or just more practical to get a carriage that you can put car seat into, but not a necessity? The carriage I found that I like is the babyroues letour lux II bassinet and stroller. Anyone know if there is a car seat on the market that goes with it? I just can't find. But in the product info it says car seat sold separately. Any ideas?

twogees

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 6:58 pm
According to BuyBuyBaby, you can get a carseat adaptor for the stroller if you want to make it a travel system. Looks like you can get the adaptor for all graco, maxi cosi, cybex and a universal for all other carseats.
From the website-"The babyroues letour lux II Bassinet and Stroller Black Frame System has four different car seat adapters. An adapter for all Graco car seats, one for Maxicosi Prezi, one for Cybex Aton and a universal adapter for all other car seats."

We did this for my stroller. We have the Uppababy Vista and sometimes need to take the frame for various reasons and do not want to take the bassinet or seat if we knew my baby was going to be sleeping. I knew what company carseat I wanted so that wasnt a problem but rather making sure what version I could get with the adaptor if we decided to get as we did not get it untill my baby was 6 weeks old. but we wanted that option for a travel/snap n go...

fbc

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 7:14 pm
Thanks twogees! I'm just not understanding what the adapter does? Does it allow you to use the bassinet or stroller seat as the car seat? I'm not sure I understand. Also is it really ok/safe to get an adapter that doesn't specifically come with the stroller/bassinet?

twogees

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 7:26 pm
The adapter is specificly for the stroller/car seat you would be buying. the bassinet and seat automaticly attach to the frame. if the adapter is not for the stroller, it wont be safe for your baby. tho, looking on amazon at the stroller you want, the company does make a car seat. (I am not a big fan of car seats that are not well known...I specificly wanted a graco since I know it to be a good company.) Heres the link to the stroller/bassinet/carseat combo on amazon-http://www.amazon.com/Babyroues-Letour-Black-Frame-Seat/dp/B00MRZIIIW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_75_31?ie=UTF8&dpID=51fM0dsllSL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1RP261BMY5HFY4QSGJET
Tho you did mention that you are due at the end of next month, so I would keep looking at all my options.....thats what I did before settling on my stroller and I did go back between what I got and 1 or 2 other options.

Last edited by twogees on Sun, Jan 03 2016, 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 7:27 pm
fbc wrote:
Thanks twogees! I'm just not understanding what the adapter does? Does it allow you to use the bassinet or stroller seat as the car seat? I'm not sure I understand. Also is it really ok/safe to get an adapter that doesn't specifically come with the stroller/bassinet?

It's a frame that allows the car seat to snap into the carriage
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics