Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Looking for a mommy and me group in Brooklyn

amother

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 1:45 pm
I live in Brookyn and have a one year old and looking for group I can go with her to. Does anyone kow of any baby enrichment type groups (music, movement, art , sing alongs, book readings etc)

thanks! I think she is ready for something in a group setting - not just me talking her to the park, playing or reading to her.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 2:30 pm
Can you be more specific about where you are? Thanks.

gonnaBaDesigner

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 3:21 pm
Are you looking specifically jewish or any kind of mommy and me group.
Try looking at kindermusik.com - they have a bunch of classes age appropriate, find locations near you, etc. Otherwise, type mommy and me groups in google and see what comes up. Let me know if this helps.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 6:00 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Can you be more specific about where you are? Thanks.

OP here:
I live in crown heights - but dont mind driving out of the neighborhood.

I already tried googling and found some nice places in Park Slope, but then I realized that I don't think Id feel comfortable in a totally non-jewish enviroment. (I dont need it to be ultra frum wearing wigs etc, but just not so "non jewish") Thats why I am posting for help here...

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 7:39 pm
Have you gone to the brooklyn childrens museum?

They have nice stuff for kids there. But sadly they will be closed from sept-march for renovations.

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 3:37 am
I used to take my daughter to music together classes at Kingsway Jewish Center, Kings Highway and Nostrand Avenue, It's not a "jewish"group per se, but most of the moms were frum and it was in the shul. I loved it and hope to do it with my one year old in the fall.

1musicalmommy

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 7:35 am
Are you still looking? I have a mommy & me type program in the brooklyn area for little ones who are not yet in school. It is a one hr program that incorporates guitar, song, dance, story time and a short mother to mother group discussion. It is exclusivley jewish and torah oriented , meaning songs are sung in english and hebrew and are a combination of religous and secular childrens music . From what I read on your post this may be right up your alley. If youd like more info please let me know Smile Ps: right now classes are held in the flatbush area but may soon be starting in CH.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries