Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
How to watch free movies online
1  2  Next

WastingTime

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 7:51 am
So I'm becoming reacquainted with watching movies/ tv after over a decade of being "too frum". I have found some full legnth movies on YouTube, especially if I searched for things posted in the past day, but most are links in the description.
Most of these promt you to a sign in.
My question is if these sites are really free and if they're safe. I want to be able to watch on my phone and one site said no mobiles. Also some have location restrictions, I'm in Israel.
Any ideas how to watch for free?
Thanks!

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 8:46 am
http://fmovie.co/watch?v=Insur.....9EPEw

needs no sign in
be careful- there are no ratings- I usually google any movie that interests me before I watch to see the reviews/ratings

Out of curiosity- what made you stop watching and what made you start again?

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 8:56 am
I am looking for a way to watch the movie Felix and Meira free online. I am always skeptical when I see free links and am afraid if they are unsafe.

Any tried and true links?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 9:08 am
I've been using the one I posted for ages with no problems....
Don't know if they have that specific movie though

WastingTime

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 11:57 am
amother wrote:
http://fmovie.co/watch?v=Insurgent_2015#video=jLBBoPhEMKTNrsudKIRdAMjY9H_txJfgmLO6A39EPEw

needs no sign in
be careful- there are no ratings- I usually google any movie that interests me before I watch to see the reviews/ratings

Out of curiosity- what made you stop watching and what made you start again?

Great question. I guess a mixture of spiritual decline (bH nothing major, just care less and don't daven or bench really, and watch movies/read secular books) and general boredom/ emptiness. Not like I don't have tons of housework and organizing to do, among other things...just need down time.
Problem is I only have abt a half hr from when ds1 goes to sleep and dh comes home.

Thanks for this link, any others?

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 12:06 pm
Don't take this the wrong way. But its one thing if you watch movies your whole life. But if you were " too frum ' for over a decade and you live in eretz ha kodesh, is this just the start of your whole ruchnius going downhill.

Maybe it would be healthier for you to read books, develop interests, hobbies, play sports.. Just a thought.. Smile

chani8

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 12:23 pm
I recommend watching tv shows online instead of movies. They are less traumatic. Though you still need to choose your shows cautiously.

WastingTime

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 12:26 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Don't take this the wrong way. But its one thing if you watch movies your whole life. But if you were " too frum ' for over a decade and you live in eretz ha kodesh, is this just the start of your whole ruchnius going downhill.

Maybe it would be healthier for you to read books, develop interests, hobbies, play sports.. Just a thought.. Smile

Maybe you're right, but other "hobbies" are not too practical. And books I read, but there's no library near by. Movies tv I don't have time for anyway, I watch maybe 30 min at a time, maybe 2 or 3days a week (unless I stay up too late one nite).

Im not so worried about a "decline" though. What's the worry, I'll stop keeping shabbos/ kosher? Spirituality left me a long time ago, I try to keep up with halacha, I still dress completely charedi. So this is where Im at.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 12:52 pm
THis is one thing I can tell you from personal experience.
DO NOT start watching if you stopped. Future you will never forgive present you for giving up on yourself and starting to watch.

WastingTime

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 12:56 pm
Maybe, but I already "started" again many months (probably over a year ) ago. Really my reintroduction to TV was yrs ago by watching xfactor auditions!!!
What's the concern? I'll spend too much time and get addicted to movies?
I'll watch too much relations scenes?
I'm trying to understand everyone's foreboding here.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 1:41 pm
I don't really get the concern, either. In theory (and reality), I agree that watching movies are a waste of time and completely unproductive.

But there's a difference between spending all day on it or using it as an escape from an otherwise busy and productive life.

When I was in high school out of town and had no friends, no family and no life, I very religiously watched entire seasons of TV shows and hundreds of movies. All this still being the top girl, acing everything, and having a great job in 12th grade. And the same for when I was out of seminary and working for too few hours.

Did it pull me down further spiritually? For sure. Mostly because that was then my life, and I didn't have too much else going on for me. That was all I "lived" for.

But now that I've become so busy and have other things in my life, I don't have the time or inclination to watch anything. Sometimes I watch a few trailers. Anyways, I believe that like everything else, it's a balance you need to attain for yourself. I went to one extreme of watching whatever and whenever and now I'm healthy about it, to the extent that movies no longer even interest me.

If OP is saying that she is otherwise very productive and needs to check out mentally for half an hour a day, so what. It's not the most conducive thing to be doing but it's not terrible. If OP was saying that she's a SAHM and very bored, then I would be wary. Someone who is really truly busy with more important things, and is otherwise a stable person, won't be dragged down by a few movies.

By the way, I don't agree re TV shows. They are more addictive and keep you coming back for more, and you keep thinking about it in between episodes... you don't want this stuff taking up real estate in your brain. If anything, a movie is 2 hours and done.

I have no problem putting my name on this but just afraid of identifying myself.

WastingTime

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 1:58 pm
amother wrote:
I don't really get the concern, either. In theory (and reality), I agree that watching movies are a waste of time and completely unproductive.

But there's a difference between spending all day on it or using it as an escape from an otherwise busy and productive life.

When I was in high school out of town and had no friends, no family and no life, I very religiously watched entire seasons of TV shows and hundreds of movies. All this still being the top girl, acing everything, and having a great job in 12th grade. And the same for when I was out of seminary and working for too few hours.

Did it pull me down further spiritually? For sure. Mostly because that was then my life, and I didn't have too much else going on for me. That was all I "lived" for.

But now that I've become so busy and have other things in my life, I don't have the time or inclination to watch anything. Sometimes I watch a few trailers. Anyways, I believe that like everything else, it's a balance you need to attain for yourself. I went to one extreme of watching whatever and whenever and now I'm healthy about it, to the extent that movies no longer even interest me.

If OP is saying that she is otherwise very productive and needs to check out mentally for half an hour a day, so what. It's not the most conducive thing to be doing but it's not terrible. If OP was saying that she's a SAHM and very bored, then I would be wary. Someone who is really truly busy with more important things, and is otherwise a stable person, won't be dragged down by a few movies.

By the way, I don't agree re TV shows. They are more addictive and keep you coming back for more, and you keep thinking about it in between episodes... you don't want this stuff taking up real estate in your brain. If anything, a movie is 2 hours and done.

I have no problem putting my name on this but just afraid of identifying myself.

Thanks for the understanding. I work half day, then deal with 5 kids and a very messy home the other half.
Im not saying I've never stayed up late watching something, but it's extremely rare. So, yes, I think I can watch movies (if I ever watch TV its usually old shows anyway) in a healthy balance.

Your post may even help me keep that goal in mind ☺

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 2:17 pm
Just be aware that this is stealing.

WastingTime

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 2:30 pm
amother wrote:

Thanks ethics police.
I guess my spiritual decline now also includes stealingđŸ˜®

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jan 06 2016, 11:01 pm
watchfree.to has most movies. to avoid getting a virus on free movie sites,
1. use google chrome, since it's a sandboxed browser. So if a virus does get through, it will need to get through the sandbox (an extra layer of protection) in order to infect your computer.
2.use ad block or a different add blocking chrome plug-in. This will block ads. Besides for being annoying, many of them carry viruses.
3.If you're really paranoid) Dont have your email open in a different tab in the browser you are using. This can help you avoid the risk of someone getting any info in your email account through cross eyed scripting (getting into your browser through one tab and being able to view other open tabs within that browser).
4.Through the chrome web store, put on a user agent plug-in in your browser. Then, switch to a different user agent by clicking on it in the top, right corner of your browser. Select a user agent other than the one you are using I.e. if you're using chrome on a windows computer, set it as firefox mac. If you're using an apple device, set it as any windows browser. This will make the site you're visiting think that you are using a different device than you're actually using, and therefore, if they try to infect you, it will most probably be the wrong kind of virus, and your computer will not get infected.

* If it ever happens that your computer tells you that you've been infected, Do not click on any links that it gives you to "resolve the issue", and do not call the phone number it tells you to call for "microsoft customer service" to prevent a virus from spreading, etc. If you do get infected, force quit chrome. 99.99% Of the time, if a virus does get through all these layers of security, it won't get through chrome's sandbox, and as soon as you exit chrome, there will be no trace of a virus anywhere on your device.

WastingTime

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 3:13 am
amother wrote:
watchfree.to has most movies. to avoid getting a virus on free movie sites,
1. use google chrome, since it's a sandboxed browser. So if a virus does get through, it will need to get through the sandbox (an extra layer of protection) in order to infect your computer.
2.use ad block or a different add blocking chrome plug-in. This will block ads. Besides for being annoying, many of them carry viruses.
3.If you're really paranoid) Dont have your email open in a different tab in the browser you are using. This can help you avoid the risk of someone getting any info in your email account through cross eyed scripting (getting into your browser through one tab and being able to view other open tabs within that browser).
4.Through the chrome web store, put on a user agent plug-in in your browser. Then, switch to a different user agent by clicking on it in the top, right corner of your browser. Select a user agent other than the one you are using I.e. if you're using chrome on a windows computer, set it as firefox mac. If you're using an apple device, set it as any windows browser. This will make the site you're visiting think that you are using a different device than you're actually using, and therefore, if they try to infect you, it will most probably be the wrong kind of virus, and your computer will not get infected.

* If it ever happens that your computer tells you that you've been infected, Do not click on any links that it gives you to "resolve the issue", and do not call the phone number it tells you to call for "microsoft customer service" to prevent a virus from spreading, etc. If you do get infected, force quit chrome. 99.99% Of the time, if a virus does get through all these layers of security, it won't get through chrome's sandbox, and as soon as you exit chrome, there will be no trace of a virus anywhere on your device.

Wow, thanks for this very thorough list of tips (do you work in the field) ! I always use chrome, on my computer I have adblock plus but on my phone it didn't seem to work, I wish try again.
Yes I never click on any "repair now" tabs, looks bogus.
Thanks! !

WastingTime

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 3:27 am
Does watchfree take you to different sites. If they ask you to sign in is it valid?

Frumdoc

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 4:50 am
amother wrote:

This. Online free movies are illegally copied and broadcast, hence the higher risk of viruses, because people who put these up on websites are more likely to be the kinds of people who try to send viruses/ trojans etc.

If you choose to watch stuff, bevakasha, but maybe you should be aware that there is an actual aveira involved in this type of watching, and choose another method.

DH and I often watch all kinds of fun and legal stuff on YouTube, from classical music concerts from the 1970s, children's TV shows from our youth, natural world shows. All genuinely freely available and legal, and a nice way to relax together at the end of the day.

It is very sad that people are more concerned about your potential spiritual decline from the content than the act of stealing which is an aveira.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 4:50 am
WastingTime wrote:
Thanks ethics police.
I guess my spiritual decline now also includes stealingđŸ˜®

wow I think you need to work out some issues between you and god
I think as a from site you should not feel so free stating all your bad habits
and no one gives a hoot
just strikes me wrong

perhaps if you would feel fulfillment from the right things you wont turn to movies.. just saying

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 9:37 am
I like watching comedy series on Hulu, perfectly legal site and there are a number of shows that are free, you don't need Hulu Plus. I find the 20-minute episodes (with some ads thrown in so its usually more like 25) to be the perfect short break from housework and light enough that I actually relax. With movies I found that as much as I promised myself to only watch half-hour, I ended up way longer on it, not being able to stop mid-story. Also, some movies are really heavy and emotional and too much for relaxing. I suggest Blackish, Brooklyn Nine Nine, New Girl (not on yet I think), Fresh off the Boat...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics