Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Who is planning to make aliyah in 2016?
1  2  Next

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 8:09 am
I am just wondering if anyone else here is planning to make aliyah this year? Hoping we can share ideas and information.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 10:12 am
Just me then??

grace413

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 11:23 am
I'm already here but wanted to wish you hatzlacha.

Savta S

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 8:33 am
I'm here for many years. If I can be of assistance, let me know.

B'hatzlacha.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 8:35 am
Savta S wrote:
I'm here for many years. If I can be of assistance, let me know.

B'hatzlacha.

Me too!

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 8:16 am
Hi! We are!! Wave

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 8:49 am
To Amother Mauve. What are your plans?

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 10:08 am
Are plans aren't finalized yet. So some are still up in the air but continuously trying to move forward.

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 11:11 am
More like "hoping" than "planning" but it's early in the year yet, maybe this will be the one...

potatoes

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 12:06 pm
I honestly, sincerely, from the deepest place in my heart , WISH I could! Doesn't seem like it will happen until Moshiach comes Sad
Bkarov mamash

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 12:07 pm
We have plans to make aliyah this summer and are trying to figure out where we will live. So many great options, but trying to see what is affordable. Not knowing where we will be working makes it hard to know how much $$ we will have and where we need to be.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 12:46 am
I would like to make aliyah in 2016 or 2017, but don't know how to start. Where do I start looking? What's your process for preparation?

grace413

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 2:40 am
amother wrote:
I would like to make aliyah in 2016 or 2017, but don't know how to start. Where do I start looking? What's your process for preparation?

Try contacting Nefesh B'Nefesh.

The Israeli contingent here always has good ideas for people making aliyah.

Do you have any idea of where you want to live? What you'll be doing to make a living? If you have kids how old and what kind of school system do you want?

Hatzlacha.

m in Israel

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 3:55 am
Good luck to all of you! There are lots of experienced imamothers who have been through the process, so you can try asking questions here. And remember to join the life in Israel forum once you get here Smile

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 11:13 pm
grace413 wrote:
Try contacting Nefesh B'Nefesh.

The Israeli contingent here always has good ideas for people making aliyah.

Do you have any idea of where you want to live? What you'll be doing to make a living? If you have kids how old and what kind of school system do you want?

Hatzlacha.

I've no idea where I want to live- I really don't know what the up-and-coming communities are for young Chardal families. (In fact, I should double check that we're really Chardal. I know these boxes work differently in the US and Israel...) Making a living is my biggest concern, as I feel like this is where most new olim fail, and why so many come back to the States after a few years. My husband is very concerned about this aspect too. And schools are probably the easiest thing to figure out out of all of these issues- my kids are very young so schooling is a little flexible.

As I said, aliyah is a wish, but it's just this huge question mark in my head at this point. I guess my first step would be to contact Nefesh B'Nefesh... and asking around Imamother! Smile

OP Where are you in the process? What steps have you taken/do you still need to take now?

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 11:38 pm
We are in the process of selling our current home (trying to at least). We are now trying to choose schools for our kids and a community of course. Then comes the process of deciding what to donate, sell or ship.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 11:37 pm
Hi! We are thisclose to making aliyah this summer beH!
My husband and I went in January to check out schools and community. THough it's not necessarily my first choice, it seems we will probably end up in Beit Shemesh area. ("soft landing" was an expression I heard a miillion times in regards to my older kids' ability to acclimate to the new culture, schools...)

To those that said they are going- where to? with kids?

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 8:26 am
Mustard Amother.

How old are your kids? We are going with kids in upper elementary-starting high school.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 9:13 am
From will be in next year: 7,5,2 and kindergarten ( not sure what it would be cold thereā€¦ The one before first grade ) and a baby
Where are you moving to?

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 9:13 am
ETA- Those are grades, not ages Wink
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions