Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Video - Insulting Skinny Rap - Skinny Pinny
1  2  Next

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 8:58 pm

penguin

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 9:07 pm
The rhymes are pretty well done.

gittelchana

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 10:35 pm
That's hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

gittelchana

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 10:40 pm
I'm just wondering why they have pasted on Payos.

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Jan 09 2016, 10:46 pm
Dude's a brilliant lyricist.
Of course I watched this while stuffing my face.
Also, I know the eating guy agreed to it but was it fair to sing to him that he's a hippo and a par ben bakar?

November

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 1:20 am
Could not watch the whole thing. I got through maybe a minute.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 7:10 am
I have mixed feelings on this one. No doubt, Pinny has talent, I'll give him that.

I'm all for charities and awareness, but I'm really troubled by using body shaming to do it.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 10:19 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I have mixed feelings on this one. No doubt, Pinny has talent, I'll give him that.

I'm all for charities and awareness, but I'm really troubled by using body shaming to do it.

You're right that body shaming is not the way to go. I just wanted to point out that this organization is trying to raise money by doing a weight loss challenge. They have weigh-ins, gym membership, and a nutritionist to guide everybody. I know the biggest loser wins a big prize, and there are other prizes for different categories, I don't know the details.

So while body shaming is wrong, here I give them a little leeway, because that's kind of the point of what they're doing. But, yes, they probably should have used some different wording.

smss

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 10:41 am
I thought it was really distasteful. But it was actually geared towards men, and my DH and all his friends thought it was hysterical. Rolling Eyes So I guess they accomplished what they wanted to....

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 2:26 pm
Sure, I thought the lyrics were great. And I thought the video was incredibly hurtful. I couldn't believe the friends that lol'd on the chats where it was posted- hello, people, there are plenty of obese people and people with obese spouses on this chat, how can you lol at them in their faces??? I thought it was horrible, the fat guys in the video looked miserable and they weren't laughing with them, they were laughing AT THEM.
I definitely think frum culture has a twisted approach to food. And I think lose for autism is a great gimmick. But I for one will not be giving them a dime.

gittelchana

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 2:27 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

I agree.

I wonder what they're implying with all the fake Payos? Only people with long twirly Payos struggle with their weight?

Still got a good laugh from the video.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 2:46 pm
It definitely seems outrageously offensive, but from what I've seen from this rapper (and I think he's a mega-talented lyricist) is that he always pokes fun at his own character. So the point here is not to make fun of the 'fat guys', but of the skinny pipsqueak who 'mamash' can't understand why people can't control how much they eat and and be skinny like him.

mommyla

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 3:00 pm
Offensive. And I'm not overweight. I think it would've been okay without so many distasteful insults (Og Melech Habashan? The cows from Pharaoh's dream? Not good). The rhymes were great but it's just not done well enough.

Seems like a pale imitation of this guy:

cookiecutter

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 3:27 pm
mommyla wrote:
Offensive. And I'm not overweight. I think it would've been okay without so many distasteful insults (Og Melech Habashan? The cows from Pharaoh's dream? Not good). The rhymes were great but it's just not done well enough.

It is the same guy.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 3:27 pm
mommyla wrote:

I'm pretty sure they are one and the same.

sourstix

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 3:28 pm
wow I would do this for tzedaka but the denigration is appalling! why do you need to shame someone to have funny rhymes?I got so sick at a certain point. its leytzanus. I am so upset it even went on youtube. this should be taken down. no not ok. not a nice way to make money. sorry poor taste.

sourstix

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 3:29 pm
dontget me wrong I am all for comedy. but not on someones expense. thought the guys looked like they were actually having a laugh.

mommyla

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 3:33 pm
Is it the same guy?! I wasn't sure. This was not one of his better efforts.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jan 11 2016, 3:06 pm
The one from last year (or two years ago?) was better and funnier. Because taht person was poking fun at himself, not at others.

shrimp

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 7:28 pm
I happen to be a very overweight individual. Watching this video however did not offend me in any "weight" "shape" or "form". My mother, who happens to also suffer from obesity, found this video hysterical.
The man is a genius. He specifically puts on that nerdy havarah to insinuate that it is nerdy to be a health freak. So although he does tell them off, he pokes fun at his own character too.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics