Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Upsherin Questions

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jan 11 2016, 2:17 pm
My oldest son is having his upsherin in three weeks. I live in the center of Flatbush. Is there a website that has cheap yarmulkas or will Eichlers be the cheaperst? I am looking for velvet yarmulkas with one big letter embroidered on it. As far as tzitzis are undershirt tzitzis the most comfortable. I do laundry once a week. I really don't feel like spending the money on 7 pairs of tzitzis. Is it really gross if he recycles the tzitzis and wears them twice or should I just buy him the regular kind and he will wear them on top of his undershirt that he wears changes every day? He is a very average sized kid. Can I just buy him size three yarmulkas and they will probably be just fine or is it smarter to take him to the store with me to size them?

Moonlight

Post Mon, Jan 11 2016, 2:22 pm
www.yarmulkesandbows.com
I found that the regular tzitzis on top of a regular undershirt are best. This way you don't have to wash too often (unless they really get dirty). They really ruin quickly when washed.
He is probably a 3 to start, but if you can bring him to a store, you should.

myym

Post Mon, Jan 11 2016, 2:22 pm
Mazal tov! so exciting. I would buy the regular tzitzis so that he changes his undershirt every day. Also you can get a cute one that way, like with trains..or aleph bais. Cheapest yarmalkas would be double header. Take home a few to size and you can return the others. They are great with that. And just so you know yarmalkas disappear super fast with 3 year olds. Kinda like socks...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics