Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
COOKWARE SET- HELP-WHICH ONE??

Surprise

Post Wed, Jan 13 2016, 3:19 pm
Im looking to purchase a fleishige stainless steel cookware set. So many options out there and I want to make a good and educated decision.
Any feedback on what you have and what the pros and cons are would be helpful!!
Im looking into the Calphalon Tri Ply and the Cuisinart multiclad pro. Anyone know about these 2 or anything else??
thanks loads in advance!

tweety1

Post Wed, Jan 13 2016, 6:29 pm
Macys has a brand. I forgot the name. Mil only buys that one for her daughters.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 13 2016, 7:09 pm
Those are both top of the line.

Fully clad means that it is aluminum interior on both the bottom and sides and fully clad with stainless. This gives you the optimal cooking for most purposes as aluminum and stainless steel have different conductivity.

However, I would suggest not buying a set but buying individual pieces that are most functional for you as most sets contain items you don't use and don't have items you do need.

If you want top of the line, I would throw in Le Creuset for the absolute best type of Dutch oven for braising either on the stove or in the oven. It is cast iron "clad" with enamel and offers the incredible heat retention of cast iron with an enamel surface for easy maintenance. It comes in many configurations and colors but if you are going for one piece, get a large Dutch oven for pot roasts, brisket and even a great roast chicken.

ETA And fully clad is not necessarily the best for a large saute pan since the sides of the pan don't conduct the heat but only even heat on the bottom is necessary. You can get a less expensive saute pan as long as it is heavily clad on the bottom. One of my favorite pans is a 14" saute pan from Macy's own line which cost me about $20 on sale.

Last edited by Amarante on Wed, Jan 13 2016, 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

scrltfr

Post Wed, Jan 13 2016, 7:25 pm
I agree with amarante. I buy pieces at home goods. Mostly all clad and staub.

Surprise

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 11:48 am
im only starting out now so would rather get a complete set than different pieces..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen