Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Wedding hall for 100 couples in Brooklyn?
1  2  Next

Sarale Licht1

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 8:53 am
Hi, does anybody know of a wedding hall in Brooklyn for a very small wedding? All the halls I have priced have minimums of at least 180 couples, and it seems such a waste to pay for meals that won't be eaten. We figure we need a space that can accommodate approximately 100 couples (200 people).

doctorima

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 9:24 am
Try calling YI of Ave. K, Renaissance, Schick's Manor, and Paradise Manor.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 9:54 am
I attended a small wedding not long ago in the Renaissance in Boro park it was a beautiful wedding

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 9:58 am
I got married in the renaissance about 10 yrs ago. they dont really have a yichud room. but they set something up for us. it was a second marriage. was the nicest wedding. it was small and intimate. not too many pp. I would have wanted smaller but my mother wanted more pp. so I went along. I think Schicks is too small. its not that big. pp use it for barmitzvas, ss brachos.

happy12

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 10:19 am
Oeacn terrace- call sisu visimchus number

cnc

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 10:32 am
I think Torah vYirah has a 125 couple minimum and it's much cheaper than Renaissance so even if you have to pay for another 25 couples it may come out cheaper. They may also allow you to pay for 125 couples and upgrade the meal/decor for 100 couples.
(My information is from a few years ago so give them a call to confirm that it's accurate.)

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 10:37 am
cnc wrote:
I think Torah vYirah has a 125 couple minimum and it's much cheaper than Renaissance so even if you have to pay for another 25 couples it may come out cheaper. They may also allow you to pay for 125 couples and upgrade the meal/decor for 100 couples.
(My information is from a few years ago so give them a call to confirm that it's accurate.)

But it's bigger, I got married in Torah vYirah and by dancing the hall looked empty, which will not happen if you take a smaller hall,

sushi galore

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 10:38 am
Tiferes Rifka has takunas nites. I believe those nites are for small weddings... give them a call it won't hurt to ask.
Good Luck!

sourstix

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 10:43 am
tiferes rivka and torah veyira are big halls they will b emtpy by dancing.

cnc

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 10:43 am
sushi galore wrote:
Tiferes Rifka has takunas nites. I believe those nites are for small weddings... give them a call it won't hurt to ask.
Good Luck!

Just realize that these nights can be booked 7-8-9 months in advance. (I don't know if that makes a difference to OP)

sushi galore

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 10:47 am
cnc wrote:
Just realize that these nights can be booked 7-8-9 months in advance. (I don't know if that makes a difference to OP)

A phone call won't harm. Many people put aside more than one date till they actually decide... it's heard of that people found halls in minimal time.

cnc

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 11:07 am
sushi galore wrote:
A phone call won't harm. Many people put aside more than one date till they actually decide... it's heard of that people found halls in minimal time.

I was specifically referring to takunah night at Yeled Vyalda. But as you said a phone call definitely doesn't hurt.
I just asked someone that made at YVY. She said she's almost sure that 150 couples are included in the price.

OP try calling Renaissance
Torah VYirah
Tiferes Rivka /Yeled Vyalda
And maybe Vizhnitz-they usually have dates.

Hatzlacha.

cnc

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 11:09 am
Also OP, if you're not chassidish you have a better chance at finding a date. Many chassidim don't make wedding sof chodesh(from chaf gimmel and on), so there's a chance those days may have some availability .

Sarale Licht1

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 11:19 am
Thanks, everybody. I did call yvy but the only date they had was too far off.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 12:06 pm
Mazel tov! I've been to smaller weddings in Schick's Manor (12th ave and 49th street) and Renaissance (14th and 59th).

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 12:07 pm
Please excuse me if this is out of line. I remember the thread when your daughter was dating. I'm assuming she got engaged? Can you share what happened?

Sarale Licht1

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 1:03 pm
Not out of line at all. My daughter is unofficially engaged. We met the parents and they're lovely, not demanding at all. Just there's a reality that my daughter can't work until September., so we'll have to support until then. The boys parents are just not in a position to contribute. But we're trying to do everything as cheaply as possible.

L K

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 1:08 pm
Merkaz hasimcha (?)
Somewhere around ave m and easy 19th I think

Also, is sasson vesimcha (not sure about the name) on coney and ave I still in business?

And there is menorah hall in bobov school on 45th, these days used for bar mitzvahs, sb, tenayim etc. but I was there a few times for smaller weddings. Some 10 years ago their Prices used to be much lower than any other place in Brooklyn. The caterer had various menu options and was very accommodating. They also set up the chuppah, kallah chair, provided candles etc.

Fiveboyz

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 1:30 pm
Try the Seville in Boro park 11th Ave I think

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 1:34 pm
Seville manor is very small, won't fit 100 couples.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics