Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Bayswater vs inwood

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 3:34 pm
from what ive been hearing these are the most affordable communities in the five towns area and not too flatbushy. can you please compare and contrast them in terms of housing affordability and size, community size and type, closeness to brooklyn and central far rockaway and general niceness of each area and safety thanks.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 6:43 pm
anyone....

amother
Denim

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 7:36 pm
I cant speak for inwood as I've never lived there but I've been in bayswater for a while and moved here from Brooklyn where I grew up.
Bayswater- Its a large community (300-400 families) but still a community, multiple shuls to choose from there is an Aguda, a pretty right wing young isreal, a shtibel that mainly has minyanim shabbos, a sefardi minyan, a yeshiva and more etc.
there is a mix of housing types from 2 family homes with rentals, high ranches, split levels too large colonials and in between. The center of town with heavily frum blocks is pretty saturated, there are multiple homes for sale on the periphery where there may be anywhere from 2-10 frum families on each individual block. there are some houses available in the middle as well I believe.

both communities are about 40 minutes from the 20-30's in flatbush- inwood is slighly closer to the belt and bayswater is closer to beach channel drive and the marine parkway bridge. bayswater is a somewhat safer walk into far rockaway- to get there from inwood I believe you need to cross through Redfern which is a large project.

Bayswater has a bigger age range of families then inwood which is more young, I think inwood has only one shul

I believe inwood is more affordable housing, but bayswater is definitely more reasonable then FR or the 5 towns

they both send to the same schools

inwood has a nice park, I'm not sure about how far the eruv goes, bayswater has an excellent one and a playground is in the eruv.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 5:18 am
what are the street borders of the frum communities of bayswater and inwood. I want to look on zillow

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 5:27 am
Bayswater goes from the bay until Dickens, and then the bay until about Dwight. The blocks that are heavily frum are Healy, Norton, water view, westbourne, bay 25, bay 24, bay 28th, Samantha drive, some of the streets off Mott closer to the bay. Your best bet If your serious is to speak to a local realtor like Joe hirsch/ mordechai dornbush who are frum and know the market.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 5:29 am
And bayswater avenue, bay 32nd I did not list every street as I can't remember off the top of my head

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 9:10 pm
You asked a lot of questions and im not sure I can answer all of them.

But I can give u a brief description of the areas you mentioned.

Inwood has a similar crowd to far rockaway, and is a growing community that attracts a lot of far rockaway families who want more affordable housing. It is a 5-10 minute drive to far rockaway and a 5-10 minute drive to Central Avenue for shopping. If youre looking for a friendly Far Rockaway type community that is still growing, this is a great option.

Bayswater has a lot of "out-of-town" far rockaway families. Theyre basically far rockaway type families but they tend to be more out of the box. Its hard to explain exactly but thats the best description ive got. If youre looking for a friendly welcoming community where you can do your own thing and not feel pressure to conform, this is a great option. Its a 5-10 minute drive to Far Rockaway and a 15-20 minute drive to Central Avenue for shopping.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 3:03 am
amother wrote:
bayswater is a somewhat safer walk into far rockaway- to get there from inwood I believe you need to cross through Redfern which is a large project.

I grew up in Far Rockaway and always thought Mott Ave was the scariest area. Is Redfern really worse?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 4:37 am
amother wrote:
I grew up in Far Rockaway and always thought Mott Ave was the scariest area. Is Redfern really worse?

Red fern is definitely worse, but you don't have to go through redden to get to FR. You can take burnside/Sheridan/whatever else it turns into (I believe beach channel).
In terms of driving distance, we live a 6 minute drive from Darchei (that's with getting all the lights) and a 7-8 minute drive from shopping on central. Obviously the further down you go, the longer it will take you, and depending on the time of day.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 7:16 am
Thank you everyone for your replies. Are both areas physically the same nice or is one area more spread apart and suburban than the other? Im seeing a huge range of prices on zillow. Would be able to find a fully detached 4 bedroom house in both places - and how much would it go for. Also do both places have two family houses and how much would the house cost and how much would the rental income be? How far is the drive to Darchai from both places. I know I know I really have to spend a Shabbos in both places before I can really make an informed decision. Would you say that Bayswater is more to the right than Inwood or not really?

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 7:37 am
eema of 3 wrote:
Red fern is definitely worse, but you don't have to go through redden to get to FR. You can take burnside/Sheridan/whatever else it turns into (I believe beach channel).
In terms of driving distance, we live a 6 minute drive from Darchei (that's with getting all the lights) and a 7-8 minute drive from shopping on central. Obviously the further down you go, the longer it will take you, and depending on the time of day.

I live in far rockaway and it takes me 7-10 minutes to get to shopping on Central avenue. And Bayswater is further out, which is why I estimated 15-20 min. I guess you drive faster than I do. Lol.

myym

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 9:30 am
Bayswater is not necessarily more to the right than Inwood. It is more out of town and simple than Inwood, which is more flatbushy. You have to know what type of crowd you are looking for..Both have lovely people and ofcourse you will find both types in both places. That's just the majority..

myym

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 9:31 am
It takes 4 minutes to darchei and 12 minutes to the end of central. I live in the heart of bayswater

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 6:18 am
Considering a move from Brooklyn to bayswater.

How much do two bedroom, three bedroom rentals go for?

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Jun 30 2017, 8:20 am
1800-2000 for a three
a drop less for a two
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating