Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Hoarder relatives

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 5:33 pm
Help!! My mother and sister are hoarders and keep giving my kids stuff and making things for them and I'm losing my mind!!!! I can't deal with clutter, it drives me crazy!!! How do I get them to stop???

mummiedearest

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 5:54 pm
just throw the stuff out after they leave.

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 6:01 pm
The problem I run into with just throwing stuff out is then my kids get upset when their latest thing is missing. I need them to stop giving my kids junk, and I could explain what is going on to my kids but I don't want to badmouth their grandmother and aunt to them.

seeker

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 9:27 pm
You can make a "one thing in, one thing out" rule with your kids in which for every "tchotchka" they receive they have to throw one out or give it away. I'm sure there are underprivileged children near you who would not mind some extra junk. Or if "one thing in, one thing out" is too austere, you could designate a confined space for their stuff and when the new thing doesn't fit in, it's time for them to make more room by getting rid of some things.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry