Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Masters in Education

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 2:42 pm
I completed my BA in Education /Psychology at Touro. I'm looking into grad programs. I don't necessarily have a preference towards an online degree or a local college(NY).
What are my options besides Touro?
When responding please include as much information as you have. (Price, schedule etc)

nicole81

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 3:02 pm
I enjoyed both of my Masters programs at Brooklyn College. For the most part, I had great professors. But I hear this varies by department. The schedule is meant to work around a full time teaching job so I was in school at night M-Th for the most part as a full time student. Once you have your initial license, you have 5 years to complete your MA and get professional certification. With 4 nights of classes a week, I pretty much did it in 2 years. So I'm sure you could stretch that out to 2 nights a week easily.

That said, it's not easy at all to be in class for hours at night after a long day of work. I think you can get a lot more out of an in-person class, but if there are online programs, consider what your day will look like and if you want the added stress of dragging yourself out to class and coming home late at night.

I can't really speak to the cost because I was part of a fellowship, but in general there is a lot less financial aid available for graduate degrees. AFAIK, Brooklyn College's tuition is significantly lower than Touro's due to it being part of the CUNY system. You can see their costs online if you are so inclined.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 3:11 pm
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics