Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Mommy and me group in Brooklyn

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 7:46 pm
I'm due soon and looking for a mommy and me group of some type in Flatbush or Midwood, when I'm ready to start taking baby in a few months.
Any suggestions?

forever21

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 8:24 pm
That's pretty early to go to mommy and me classes unless it's meant for you to be around other mothers. If you're planning on nursing you can go to the la leche meetings that they have once a month .

yidisheh mama

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 9:27 pm
I think yeled vyalda has something like that. Not sure from how young.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 9:38 pm
Yeled v'yalda home based program is really good. They have mommy and me once a week - really baby/toddler friendly room, lots of toys. They also have someone come once a week to the house to discuss anything that comes up with the baby, and they bring toys and play.... but you have meet their eligibility requirements. Also their can be a waiting list, but if you apply now to get into their expected moms program (which I don't think has a long waiting list), you're almost guaranteed a spot in the home based program after your baby is born.

There's someone in flatbush who as of a year ago I know did a mommy and me in her house. She plays guitar. She charges, but its really nice. She posted on here about it one time - if you do a search for mommy and me on here, she'll probably come up.

The public libraries can be nice to. If you look them up online, they have certain groups for ages 0-5 and some libraries also have for 0-18 months. 0-5 can be nice just to get out and your baby can look around at other kids, but the 0-18 programs is really much better, since its really geared towards a young age. Depending on the neighborhood, there can be other frum women.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 9:43 pm
amother wrote:
Yeled v'yalda home based program is really good. They have mommy and me once a week - really baby/toddler friendly room, lots of toys. They also have someone come once a week to the house to discuss anything that comes up with the baby, and they bring toys and play.... but you have meet their eligibility requirements. Also their can be a waiting list, but if you apply now to get into their expected moms program (which I don't think has a long waiting list), you're almost guaranteed a spot in the home based program after your baby is born.

There's someone in flatbush who as of a year ago I know did a mommy and me in her house. She plays guitar. She charges, but its really nice. She posted on here about it one time - if you do a search for mommy and me on here, she'll probably come up.

The public libraries can be nice to. If you look them up online, they have certain groups for ages 0-5 and some libraries also have for 0-18 months. 0-5 can be nice just to get out and your baby can look around at other kids, but the 0-18 programs is really much better, since its really geared towards a young age. Depending on the neighborhood, there can be other frum women.

Thanks! Really appreciate it

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 9:45 pm
Midwood Public Library has "Read and Play" twice a week for kids age 0-5. It's not only Jewish, but has a nice turnout of other Jewish moms/babysitters. Midwood Martial Arts (on ave H and e 13th) has a similar program once a week and usually the same crowd turns up. Both are free, but the MMA has a $1 suggested donation.

If things haven't changed in the last year, the library is Monday and Wednesday at 11:15 through 12:15. The MMA is on Tuesdays and there is a 10:15 class and an 11:15 class.

Anon because I was a regular in these programs before my DC started school & I don't want to give myself away.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 9:46 pm
ur wellcome! happy to help Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics