Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Looking for a night baby nurse AND sleep coach in NJ

Nomad

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 9:36 pm
Hi!
A friend of mine is having a very tough time with her little one (5mo). He literally wakes every hour at night, barely naps in the day and will only nurse to sleep. She is looking for a night baby nurse to get some desperately needed rest and a sleep coach who can help get him to sleep. Any advice welcome!

Nomad

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 9:37 pm
Looking in northern NJ location...

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 2:35 pm
try Rockabye 732-276-7874

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 4:23 pm
amother wrote:
try Rockabye 732-276-7874

I have found their nurses mediocre at best

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 4:14 pm
my experience among many others have been quite the opposite. if there is a issue there is always someone available to discuss. if one is looking for sleep help they will gladly talk to you even without sending a specialized nurse.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 8:34 pm
amother wrote:
my experience among many others have been quite the opposite. if there is a issue there is always someone available to discuss. if one is looking for sleep help they will gladly talk to you even without sending a specialized nurse.

Please be careful about using the term "specialized nurse". Rock a Bye do not have any nurses. They only have people from Jamaica that come to the United States to make some money under the table.

cnc

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 10:45 pm
amother wrote:
Please be careful about using the term "specialized nurse". Rock a Bye do not have any nurses. They only have people from Jamaica that come to the United States to make some money under the table.

Do they not go for any training?
I've had Jamaican nurses twice and they both went to school especially for this.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 1:27 am
Op, the that was my situation a few years ago. DD was 5 month old and colic, I havent slept by day or night, since she was born, and I was literally loosing it. My MD told us we must get more help to prevent me getting PPD...
Our families/mothers didn't care to help or how much we were struggling.
I called Rockabye, we got a nurse for 3 weeks. And we slept. The nurse was actually great. Her name was Rosemarry.
Once well rested,
Then we got a sleep coach, who worked with me for 2 weeks , until dd was on a great schedule, putting herself to sleep on her own, one feeding at night. 2 naps by day. Without crying or hysterics.

I also wanted two in one, but the sleep coach recommended that we first get some much needed sleep while the nurse was there, and then we did the training. As mom is the one who has to do the training process, either way.

The sleep coach we used was goodnightsleepcoaching.com

Hatzlacha!

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 9:17 am
cnc wrote:
Do they not go for any training?
I've had Jamaican nurses twice and they both went to school especially for this.

The Jamaican women are not trained through Rock a Bye. I can't speak to any training they may or may not have had privately prior. I used someone from there and found out a month in that there are zero background checks, zero training, and no working permit to work in the United States. As another person commented here, they do show up so the mother can sleep while someone is present with the baby. BUT be careful: the person I got never heard of SIDS and I had to train her from scratch.

curlytop

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 12:02 pm
I had a nurse from Rock a Bye and was very happy . She told me she was trained by Rock a bye for 2 weeks but worked in childcare centers in Jamaica before coming to US.

cnc

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 12:13 pm
amother wrote:
The Jamaican women are not trained through Rock a Bye. I can't speak to any training they may or may not have had privately prior. I used someone from there and found out a month in that there are zero background checks, zero training, and no working permit to work in the United States. As another person commented here, they do show up so the mother can sleep while someone is present with the baby. BUT be careful: the person I got never heard of SIDS and I had to train her from scratch.

I had women from a different agency. They told me that they went to "baby nurse school " in the Bronx and after they complete the courses the owners of the agencies come to the school and interview the women looking for jobs and hire them.

They're not trained through the agency.

curlytop

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 12:18 pm
She was pretty clear that she was trained by Rock A Bye in a frum house in Lakewood, where they were shown around a kosher kitchen etc. Of course you need to use your judgement and I didn't let mine touch anything in the kitchen..

cnc

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 12:20 pm
curlytop wrote:
She was pretty clear that she was trained by Rock A Bye in a frum house in Lakewood, where they were shown around a kosher kitchen etc. Of course you need to use your judgement and I didn't let mine touch anything in the kitchen..

Oh...I was referring to trained as in taking care of a baby etc. ..not training as in being familiar with a frum house...

curlytop

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 12:29 pm
She said they did both.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics